War & PoliticsVotematch

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL

I posted this last time we had an election, and it's back again.

Just done it, and I don't think it's as good/insightful as last time - doesn't seem to ask about a lot of issues that are important to me, and focuses or traps you into answering a certain way on others. Could it be anything to do with the Torygraph sponsoring it this year? Never!

Anyway, you can find it here:
http://www.votematch.org.uk/
or on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/democracyuk?v=app_105261836175574&ref=mf

My top two matches: SNP (64%) and Lib Dems (54%)
Bottom two matches: Tory and BNP (can't remember percentages, and can't seem to go back to it to find out).

Rather disturbingly, 3rd place was UKIP :| I'll never vote for any party that has Nickel Forage as a member :|

"Legs up" variants involve the woman raising her legs. These were exceptionally popular in Ancient Greece and were commonly depicted on Attic pottery of the Classical Period. The conspiring women in Aristophanes' Lysistrata likely refer to it when they take an oath "not to lift high their Persian slippers" (οὐ πρὸς τὸν ὄροφον ἀνατενῶ τὼ Περσικά ou pros ton orophon anateuō tō Persika). In one variant, the woman may lift and slightly bend her legs, resting her feet flat on the mattress. This shortens the distance between the vagina and cervix, and it can place more friction on the G-spot.[citation needed] The woman may find this more comfortable than the standard position, and it can allow her to push against the man's thrust, giving her some control over the rhythm.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
37321.2 In reply to 37321.1 
also cool: http://voteforpolicies.org.uk/

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
37321.3 In reply to 37321.2 

"HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer "

And a Javascript Error. God I love IE 6.

"Legs up" variants involve the woman raising her legs. These were exceptionally popular in Ancient Greece and were commonly depicted on Attic pottery of the Classical Period. The conspiring women in Aristophanes' Lysistrata likely refer to it when they take an oath "not to lift high their Persian slippers" (οὐ πρὸς τὸν ὄροφον ἀνατενῶ τὼ Περσικά ou pros ton orophon anateuō tō Persika). In one variant, the woman may lift and slightly bend her legs, resting her feet flat on the mattress. This shortens the distance between the vagina and cervix, and it can place more friction on the G-spot.[citation needed] The woman may find this more comfortable than the standard position, and it can allow her to push against the man's thrust, giving her some control over the rhythm.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
37321.4 In reply to 37321.3 
oh. It works for me. I guess you need to get your company to be less obsolete!

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

1. UKIP
2. BNP
3. Labour
Last: Lib Dem

I'm planning to vote Lib Dem....

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

37321.6 In reply to 37321.2 

They're quite good - the only problem is that while you may agree with the policies, that doesn't necessarily mean that it will happen - didn't Labour say that they wouldn't increase income tax only to then increase national insurance instead, and didn't labour say they wouldn't increase student fees and then do exactly that?

My result comes out at 52% Labour and 47% Lib Dem, but its Lib Dem that'll be getting my vote.

Not that it matters, Banbury has around a 10,000 Tory majority already.

My life is hard, I suffer lots
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 37321.7 was deleted

I got Lib Dems first then Greens. :) Apparently I'm 5% more BNP than I am Conservative though...

@Milko: No worky here either. :(

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Oscarvarium (OZGUR)     
37321.9 In reply to 37321.8 
it's down for me too now. I guess demand broke it!

Radio - sure, but if you can't go on what they say they'll do, what can you do, throw a dart at a wall covered with lots of flyers? I guess you have to go by the policies, then when you see the results decide on if you trust the party to actually do 'em.

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
37321.10 In reply to 37321.9 

Your first idea sounds good, but I'm going with the second. Voting Lib Dems despite Labour being the top match, as I don't trust them to keep their promises
Not that I completely trust the Lib Dems mind you, but a) I've no basis to mistrust them yet, and b) they're not actually going to win.

My life is hard, I suffer lots
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Vote Match

Liberal Democrats: 64%
UK Independence Party: 58%
British National Party: 56%
Conservative Party: 51%
Labour Party: 43%
Green Party: 43%

Vote for Policies

Labour 50.00%
Green Party 16.67%
Lib Dems 16.67%
UKIP 16.67%

I'll probably be voting Labour anyway.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

I disabled all the silly parties who nobody really votes for.

29%: Conservative
28%: Liberal Democrats
-2%: Labour

I suspect they misunderstood me on some of the answers, though. For instance, while I agree that university tuition fees should be scrapped, I also believe that 80% of university places should be scrapped, but they didn't ask about that.

Other beliefs:

1. Retirement age should be abolished, but free healthcare is limited to "making you comfortable" ten years after retirement.

2. The NHS should also be massively cut back for wasters, freeloaders and the educationally sub-normal.

3. There shouldn't be an English Parliament, because we should devolve Scotland entirely. At which point any Scottish people living in England who have been convicted of a crime should be deported to Glenrothes, Fife ("good for business; great for life"). Also, any Protestants in Northern Ireland should be relocated to Carlisle, then Eire can have their six counties back.

4. Fewer MPs sounds good; none at all would be excellent. All political decisions to be made by phone or web referenda, following informative television debates hosted by Rachel Stevens.

5. Religion to be made illegal and punishable by burning at the stake again. (This will help solve the over-population problem in Carlisle caused by 3.)

(5a. Also homeopathy, reiki and any other blatant bloody nonsense.)

VOTE FOR ME, MOTHERFUCKERS.

Happy now?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

37321.13 In reply to 37321.12 

This is the first time I'm actually registered to vote (apparently Uni did it for us this year, thanks Uni!) so I'm going to start paying attention! My result was pretty much even between Lib Dem and Labour but Labour can get to fuck. Plus it seems like Guildford was nearly a marginal Lib Dem win last year so go Lib Dem!

<waves little yellow flag>

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 37321.14 deleted 24 May 2015 01:57 by 53NORTH

To:  Al JunioR (53NORTH)     
37321.15 In reply to 37321.14 
They might be illegitimate in your eyes but they care not.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  DrBoff (BOFF)     
37321.16 In reply to 37321.13 
I'm with you on this one Boff. Go Lib Dems in Guildford!
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

not sure how to go with this, locally I like the Lib-Den MP we have now, does a good job and I would like to vote for her again, but I am desperate that Labour should be kicked out on their arse, so do I vote Lib-Dem pretty much knowing they won't win outright and are more of a threat to the Tories than Labour, or do I vote Tory to help with the Labour arse kicking?

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Liberal Democrats:

67%
Green Party:

65%
Labour Party:

50%
UK Independence Party:

23%
Conservative Party:

23%
British National Party:

15%

No real surprise. Shame I live in a place where the Greens don't run and the libs stand absolutely no chance. My vote is meaningless. Hooray for democracy.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Green Party 57.14%
Conservatives 14.29%
Lib Dems 28.57%

Aaaand:

Crime Green Party
Democracy Conservatives
Economy Lib Dems
Education Lib Dems
Europe Green Party
Immigration Green Party
Welfare Green Party

(I got tories on Democracy cos I'm against an elected second chamber)

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Lucy (X3N0PH0N)     
37321.20 In reply to 37321.19 

>Crime Green Party

WTF?

----
What can't social media do?
  • Make coffee
  • Tie its shoes
  • Spell
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–40

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats