Teh ForumAlexa and Ask.com

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL

Forgive me, for I am old and foolish, but how long have we had the eponymous new 'members' on Teh (plus others), cunningly contrived so that clicking on them opens the appropriate (or inappropriate) websites?

I feel displeased about it in a somewhat po-faced way. Can I dismiss them from the forum stats who's-who-whose-here listing?

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
36470.2 In reply to 36470.1 
We've had Bing and Google for a while, and apparently Cuil and Gigablast as well. :S
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Oscarvarium (OZGUR)     
36470.3 In reply to 36470.2 
I'd never even heard of Cuil before. It is of course a homonym for Cul, the French for cunt, which seems apposite.

I just don't like them all being pseudo-members (unless it 's some part of their spidery site logging, in which case I will begrudgingly accept them).

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36470.4 In reply to 36470.3 

Hmmm, I thought 'con' was the French for 'cunt'. But there you go, you can't trust the French, they're all cunts.

The new members is all part of their spideryness. I seem to recall Matt explaining it to me bloody ages ago, so I've forgotten the details :(

bastard by name, bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)     
36470.5 In reply to 36470.4 
In that case I won't write to my MP about it.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36470.6 In reply to 36470.4 
Con is the French for cunt. Cul is more literally ass or arse, depending on your slang preferences, but the differences when used in swearing are ambiguous as in, "A nice piece of cunt" versus "A nice piece of ass".

L.H.O.O.Q.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36470.7 In reply to 36470.1 
They've been there sodding ages. Something to with that spidering malarky, as i understand it.

MrTrent A young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless. In a world of criminals who operate above the law.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36470.8 In reply to 36470.1 
They came around 0.8.2 I believe, maybe a little after.

Been discussed on here in at least two threads (possibly more, but my memory is giving only a couple right now).

As has been stated, their presence coincides with that spider having visited recently - probably in the past fifteen minutes (as is the case for members).

I haven't tried, but perhaps the word filter would work on them - allowing you to disappear or format as you prefer?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william     
36470.9 In reply to 36470.6 
I'm just happy that I out-cultured that culture fag. Him and his lah-de-dah sophisticated airs, it's all a bloody con.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36470.10 In reply to 36470.9 
You said con (giggle)

It's not a Goethe moment for Mr. M. There is a certain flexibility about the term cul depending on how it's used. It means 'end' as in cul-de-sac and it could be used in expressions to mean cunt - just not as often as con.

By the way, my French isn't especially good, I just have plenty of French nephews and nieces so my exposure to swearing in French is quite high.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william     
36470.11 In reply to 36470.10 
I was reasonably confident of my ground, cuntwise, largely as a consequence of a charismatic, liberal and rugby-addicted French teacher in secondary school. He knew and was happy to share with his students a wide vocabulary of pardon-my-French epithets that he had picked up on the touchline.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36470.12 In reply to 36470.11 
We had a French exchange student teacher, who spent one lesson teaching us some of the more 'interesting' and 'useful' parts of the language.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36470.13 In reply to 36470.12 
We had a French exchange student teacher, who spent one lesson teaching us some of the more 'interesting' and 'useful' parts of the language.

How to say 'strike'?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–13

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats