War & PoliticsBNP in 'might be racist' shocker

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
quote: Grauniad
The Equality and Human Rights Commission, the independent watchdog on discrimination, wrote to the BNP today stating that it believes the party is in breach of the Race Relations Act on three counts.

"The legal advice we have received indicates that the British National party's constitution and membership criteria, employment practices and provision of services to constituents and the public may breach discrimination laws which all political parties are legally obliged to uphold," said the commission's legal director, John Wadham.

(Appologies for Guardian link, it was the first story I saw on my google news feed)

Tis interesting this in a few ways. Was just wondering what others make of it (especiall in light of figures released today by the METRO/!!!/ that say 1 in 20 under 35s will probably vote BNP at the general election).

I suspect there will be a very ironic defense if it makes it to court. Last year (or was it the year before? I forget) the European Court of Human Rights ruled that it was LEGAL for a trade union, or other organisation, to expell a member or refuse membership to someone who holds beliefs/is a member of another organisation that holds beliefs that are fundamentally at odds with what the trade union is about.

In the particular case it was to do with the GMB union expelling a member after it became clear that he was also a member of the BNP. The member challenged the decision through the courts/Lords and eventually Europe.

I know it's a slightly different situation (disbarring someone for being racist is clearly different to disbarring someone because /you/ are racist), but it does seem to suggest a very strange and uneven application of equal rights law.

</ramble>

The Seventh Posture of Burton's translation of The Perfumed Garden is an unusual position not described in other classical sex manuals. The receiving partner lies on their side. The penetrating partner faces the receiver, straddling the receiver's lower leg, and lifts the receiver's upper leg on either side of the body onto the crook of penetrating partner's elbow or onto the shoulder. While some references describe this position as being "for acrobats and not to be taken seriously," others have found it very comfortable, especially during pregnancy.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
36250.2 In reply to 36250.1 

That's a good argument to excuse the membership requirements but the big one in my opinion would be the provision of services to constituents.
Surely you can't be someones elected representative and refuse to represent them? I saw Nick Griffin dancing around that issue an interview following the EU elections. His argument was that due to PR there would be multiple MEPs they could contact, so they should see one of the other MEPs that arn't busy tracking down all the Muslim peodophiles (slightly paraphrasing him but I'm assuming he'd also leave all the no Islamic paedos for them to deal with too). That wouldn't hold up if we ever ended up with a BNP MP so in my opinion that would be a reasonable reason to refuse to let them take their seat.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  dave (10_ROGUE)     
36250.3 In reply to 36250.2 

Aye, s'interesting that, innit.

If I was a guy black blind muslim and Nick Griffin was in my area as MEP I'd totally go to him for fucking /everything/.

The Seventh Posture of Burton's translation of The Perfumed Garden is an unusual position not described in other classical sex manuals. The receiving partner lies on their side. The penetrating partner faces the receiver, straddling the receiver's lower leg, and lifts the receiver's upper leg on either side of the body onto the crook of penetrating partner's elbow or onto the shoulder. While some references describe this position as being "for acrobats and not to be taken seriously," others have found it very comfortable, especially during pregnancy.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–3

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats