War & PoliticsEuro elections

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL

will you be voting? - 1

will you be voting? - 2

I have decided who I will vote for: 10 Votes (43.48%)
ANT_THOMAS, dyl, johngti_mk-ii, JonCooper, Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ), koswix, Some call me... (PSYCHO_GEEZER), Stoo, THERE IS NO GOD BUT (RENDLE), y2rich
I have not decided who I will vote for: 10 Votes (43.48%)
andy, dave (10_ROGUE), Mal (BAD), milko, Mod_Inside (MODINSIDE), Mouse, mr_swayzee, MrTrent, patch, paul
I haven't a clue, I can't find any information: 3 Votes (13.04%)
af (CAER), DrBoff (BOFF), Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX)

23 users and no guests voted.

Poll has ended.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  JonCooper     
36174.2 In reply to 36174.1 
I can't be arsed to vote, and haven't even looked for information so don't know if I could find it or not.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36174.3 In reply to 36174.1 
I intend to vote but doubt I'll get the chance to due to leaving early for work and having training in the evening.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
I have to say, I did have to read this to fully get my head round things.

Which of the following would you most prefer?
A: a puppy,
B: a pretty flower from your sweety, or
C: a large properly formatted data file?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36174.5 In reply to 36174.1 
The poll's a bit retarded, or perhaps it's BH, because if you don't intend to vote then the second group of questions is irrelevant, yet BH insists that you have to vote in every group. Duh!

bastard by name, bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)     
36174.6 In reply to 36174.5 
it's not BH, it's me - but if you don't intend to vote you can use the "don't know who I'll vote for"

anyway - are you in this? don't you live somewhere that doesn't play this game?

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36174.7 In reply to 36174.6 
quote: JonCooper
but if you don't intend to vote you can use the "don't know who I'll vote for"

Nope, there's a difference between not intending to vote and not knowing who to vote for. The latter suggests intent but indecision.

And, indeed, I live where the Euro votes don't. But even if I did I doubt that I would.

bastard by name, bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36174.8 In reply to 36174.1 

I would love to know what % of people will cast there vote based on EU issues. We have had leaflets through from all the major parties (even had one of those novelty loud speaker cars drive past) and with the exception of a couple of sentences in the Conservative one about MEPs wasting money, none of them seem to be bothering with anthing EU related or specific.

/rant: And bloody William Hague telling people they should use the EU elections to show Gordon Brown how annoyed they are, no they shouldn't they should use it to vote for the people that will best represent their interests in the European Parliament.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36174.9 In reply to 36174.1 

Anyone who lives anywhere that the BNP even has a sniff at getting in should vote. I don't care who for, but obviously not for the BNP.

I've done a fair bit of anti-BNP leafleting this year, and I really hope that those cunts don't get a Euro seat.

But I forgot to register myself, so I can't vote tomorrow :$

The Seventh Posture of Burton's translation of The Perfumed Garden is an unusual position not described in other classical sex manuals. The receiving partner lies on their side. The penetrating partner faces the receiver, straddling the receiver's lower leg, and lifts the receiver's upper leg on either side of the body onto the crook of penetrating partner's elbow or onto the shoulder. While some references describe this position as being "for acrobats and not to be taken seriously," others have found it very comfortable, especially during pregnancy.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
36174.10 In reply to 36174.9 
I don't know exactly where they're trying to get in this time, but I've had a lot of leaflets at my flat in Salford. :(
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36174.11 In reply to 36174.1 
I'm going to vote in the Council elections because there's some idiot independent who may well win, which would be a disaster.

Happy now?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Oscarvarium (OZGUR)     
36174.12 In reply to 36174.10 

West-midlands is the main area, then the North-West.

Also a chance in some south-easterly areas, too.

Best way to keep them out is to vote Green.

The Seventh Posture of Burton's translation of The Perfumed Garden is an unusual position not described in other classical sex manuals. The receiving partner lies on their side. The penetrating partner faces the receiver, straddling the receiver's lower leg, and lifts the receiver's upper leg on either side of the body onto the crook of penetrating partner's elbow or onto the shoulder. While some references describe this position as being "for acrobats and not to be taken seriously," others have found it very comfortable, especially during pregnancy.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36174.13 In reply to 36174.12 
Is it? Apparently they're doing some spectacularly dumb things at the moment. But regardless, how does voting for another minority party help (genuine question).

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
36174.14 In reply to 36174.13 

Because it's a kinda proportional representation thing designed to get more minority parties elected.

With each round of seat allocation it gets harder for the bigger parties to get a seat, and easier for the minority parties. So the most effective way to keep the BNP out is to give more votes to other minorities

This vid explains it a bit more clearly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv0uHWxhLgs&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.greenparty.org.uk%2F&feature=player_embedded

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36174.15 In reply to 36174.14 
OK. http://timesonline.typepad.com/science/2009/06/political-science-be-careful-what-you-vote-for.html is the kind of thing putting me off Greens though. One set of morons that are less bad than another set of morons barely seems worth bothering with.

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36174.16 In reply to 36174.14 
got another suggestion if I don't like the greens?
(they are anti land rover)

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36174.17 In reply to 36174.16 
(In general or in cities/built up urban areas?)

Add THE VETOES to your myspace friends!!! Pretty please :D

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  johngti_mk-ii     
36174.18 In reply to 36174.17 
far as I can tell they are pretty much anti-car, but Discoveries seem top of the hit list

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 36174.19 was deleted

To:  Mr (M00RL0CK)     
36174.20 In reply to 36174.19 
I think PR means that it may be about as bad if they get enough of a turnout. And the extreme types do tend to get good turnout from what support they have.

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–36

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats