War & PoliticsUS Democratic presidential hopefuls

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL

Who would you like to see win?

Barack Obama: 20 Votes (55.56%)
Hillary Clinton: 4 Votes (11.11%)
I don't know enough to make an informed choice: 5 Votes (13.89%)
I don't care enough to show any interest: 6 Votes (16.67%)
Comedy 5th answer for the IANRBTP lot: 1 Votes (2.78%)

36 users and no guests have voted.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
34232.2 In reply to 34232.1 
I know we don't live there, and not everyone is interested, but it's something I'm interested in. So, if you have an opinion ...

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  JonCooper     
34232.3 In reply to 34232.2 

What, no John Mccain option? ;)

I'd like to see Barack Obama because if Hilary gets in I would fear for all the male staff in the Whitehouse as she'd no doubt be looking to get her own back...

Teabagging is a slang term for the act of a man placing his testicles, specifically the scrotum, in the mouth[1] or face of another person, often in a repeated in-and-out motion. The practice vaguely resembles dipping a tea bag into a cup of tea.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
34232.4 In reply to 34232.3 
haha :P

his party has decided, this isn't about the prediency, just the democratic hopefuls

I also favour Barack Obama, I like his attitude, and I don't trust Hilary.

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34232.5 In reply to 34232.1 

Options 3 and 4 are tempting, but since this is an either/or choice and I have seen a little of the two contenders, I have to say that the man who sounds confusingly like an International terrorist leader is the better option. I just don't trust Clinton.

But either way the democrats are proposing to change the presidency. Either of their candidates would be the first black or first femaile president, and neither is a redneck.

"some things never change"
someone who looks a lot like me, This Signature
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34232.6 In reply to 34232.4 

I think a black man holding office has much greater potential for breaking down prejudices than a white woman. Not that a lass in the WH wouldn't be good to see.

What we really need is a black, disabled lesbian president. That'd sort everything out.

Teabagging is a slang term for the act of a man placing his testicles, specifically the scrotum, in the mouth[1] or face of another person, often in a repeated in-and-out motion. The practice vaguely resembles dipping a tea bag into a cup of tea.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34232.7 In reply to 34232.6 
I don't really care that he's black, or that she's a woman, I belive in the best person for the job

I really hate the 'positive discrimination' of that kind.
eg: when male candidates don't even make the list to ensure that a woman gets elected

of course, I'm speaking from the POV of a white, middle-class, hetrosexual male - ie: the group that gets ignored/discounted/rejected by everyone

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34232.8 In reply to 34232.7 

I think one of the most important things that needs doing in America (and the rest of the world, for that matter) is breaking down prejudices - the thigns that cause the majority of the world's problems.

I don't think it really matters who is in the White House - it's the powers behind the parties that dictate what's going on. It wouldn't have matter who was in power on 9/11 - we'd still have been dragged into war in Iraq.

>>ie: the group that gets ignored/discounted/rejected by everyone
Do you /really/ beleive that? Like, honestly?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34232.9 In reply to 34232.7 
Are you trolling Jon? That's starting to resemble the stuff those Delphi forums we used to terrorise would come out with.

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34232.10 In reply to 34232.7 
quote: JonCooper
of course, I'm speaking from the POV of a white, middle-class, hetrosexual male - ie: the group that gets ignored/discounted/rejected by everyone

!? What sort of discrimination have you experienced as part of that notoriously marginalised majority group?

Personally, I can think on only two occasions where I've thought "I wish I was a black lesbian in a wheelchair", and I deleted the video file after the second time since because my mum caught me.

Kenny
The Wisdom of IMDB Messageboards:
One Night At McCool's

There's one thing I don't understand: Why would Randy and Jewel, for some reason, have sex right at the beginning of the movie?

-- Um, like, are you kidding? Randy sees the golden opportunity (like finding plutonium by accident) and takes it.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34232.11 In reply to 34232.8 
quote:
>>ie: the group that gets ignored/discounted/rejected by everyone
Do you /really/ beleive that? Like, honestly?

and Kenny & Milko

I am starting to feel that way, yes
When potentially great candidates can't even make the shortlist because PC dictates that 'we need more blacks/women/lesbians/whatever' I think that's wrong

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34232.12 In reply to 34232.11 
Does that happen a lot then? I've seen a few isolated reports of it for local councillor elections for some parties, it looked like it caused quite a ruckus anyway without being in any way the done thing. The US Democrats had white male candidates but they all gave up after not getting enough votes.

edit - wait, "ignored discounted and rejected by everyone"?!? Exaggerate much?

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
34232.13 In reply to 34232.12 
it's happened a lot here, a lot of seats have all female lists, the best politician on the planet wouldn't get elected even nominated if they happened to be the wrong gender / sexual-orientation

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34232.14 In reply to 34232.13 
quote:
The US Democrats had white male candidates but they all gave up after not getting enough votes.

which is the way it should be, I am an Obama supporter, because I think he's the best guy for the job, not cos he's black - it was an open field and the best guy is winning - no problems with that

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34232.15 In reply to 34232.1 
I'd say Obama, but a little part of me keeps looking for something sinister about him..
[...Insert Brain Here...]
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34232.16 In reply to 34232.1 
Everyone knows Hillary is running for office so that if she wins she can get her crotch munched by an intern and claim revenge for Bill's frivolities.

-
growing bingo wings

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34232.17 In reply to 34232.13 

Positive discrimination is still discrimination and is wrong. Although it's also illegal.

You seem to miss the part where you live in a society that is so skewed towards men that 38 years after the passing of the Equal Pay Act in 1970 we still have a gender pay gap of 17.2% (mean), raising to 35.6% among part time workers, or if you look at individual industries it's over 40% in Financial Services.

Almost all positions of power are held by white men in our society - there are only 2 black female MPs in Westminster, so the notion that this 'positive discrimination' shit is happening a lot isn't really backed up by the reality.(I admit it happens in some places, but I don't agree with it)

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34232.18 In reply to 34232.1 

It made me REALLY ANGRY when I heard someone on Woman's Hour the other day asking a black woman whether black women should vote based on race or gender. Vote on policies, fools!

While I'm pretty suspicious about Barack's motives and backing, he seems to be the least warmongering candidate, so I'd have to go for him.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34232.19 In reply to 34232.1 
Can't make myself care. I'm interested in it and been following it a fair bit but... I wouldn't vote for either of them. While symbolically it would be good to have a black or woman president, they're both cunts.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Queeg 500 (JESUSONEEZ)     
34232.20 In reply to 34232.16 
Not with /those/ legs :Y

"some things never change"
someone who looks a lot like me, This Signature
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–35

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats