Music, Film, TV & BooksJumper

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL

I give this film four out of five bears (three brown and one polar). It's a good premise believably realised, and the special effects are for the most part pretty understated whilst also being awesome.

And as long as you remember that it wasn't Hayden Christensen's fault that the Star Wars prequels sucked arse, he does a pretty good job.

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need the money; Work when people are watching.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  THERE IS NO GOD BUT (RENDLE)     
33911.2 In reply to 33911.1 
Surely it was partly his fault? He said the words aloud and stuff.

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
33911.3 In reply to 33911.2 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Sums it up pretty nicely methinks. 

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33911.4 In reply to 33911.1 
When I went to see Revenge of the Sith people laughed at how bad Hayden Christensen was.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  sinkywinky     
33911.5 In reply to 33911.4 
Yes, but it's almost impossible to be good with the fucking appalling nonsense that Lucas gives people to say. Some fine actors (Neeson, MacGregor, L. Jackson) somehow got themselves involved with those prequels and they all ended up looking like total cocks. It's just unfortunate for Christensen that it was his first major role, and that he got some of the worst lines. Lucas can't write for shit, but he can write a love story even less.

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need the money; Work when people are watching.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Who doesn't love the resurrection of a >10-yo thread, apologies to Jesus?

I found a ROTS "full screen" dvd in the laundry room a few months back, where folks in our building toss stuff that someone else might want. So here's my ROTS (full screen edition) TWR:

Gloriously cheesy and hyperactive, fulsomely fulfills Lucas's Saturday matinee aspirations.
“Bitch, get a bow!”–Jess Black
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
33911.7 In reply to 33911.6 
T'was the best of the prequels. I listened to an interview with Peter Serafinowicz today about his part in the first prequel film and his experiences with Lucas. When he was doing the lines for Darth Maul, Lucas sat in the booth with him, so Peter asked for some direction with what he needed to do with character, how he should characterise the voice, background etc. Lucas told him 'to make him sound evil' (fail)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33911.8 In reply to 33911.5 
Oh look, it's my counterpart.

--
I don't know what you're talking about. My signature is as epic as they come.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–8

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats