War & PoliticsSmart anti-Clinton ad

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Handsomely done, and very Mac Generation. He's making the running. She'd better get a fucking good PR company in, and soon, if he's not going to saunter into the Democratic nomination.

"The Iraqi regime possesses biological and chemical weapons."

George W Bush, 28 Sept 2002

"I can say with certainty that the Quds Force, a part of the Iranian government, has provided these sophisticated I.E.D.s."

George W Bush, 14 Feb 2007

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
32069.2 In reply to 32069.1 
It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It doesn't even attempt to substantiate its apparent premise. It's utterly mindless. Very Mac generation.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  THERE IS NO GOD BUT (RENDLE)     
32069.3 In reply to 32069.2 
But when has substance played any part in effective political broadcast, particularly in America? Grasping and holding attention, the association of your candidate with a positive vibe and the tarring of your opponent with a negative one, is everything.

"I can say with certainty that the Quds Force, a part of the Iranian government, has provided these sophisticated I.E.D.s."

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32069.4 In reply to 32069.3 
I know that, and yet somehow the complete lack of sense still annoys me.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32069.5 In reply to 32069.1 
The format's familiar, has it been done somewhere else before?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mouse     
32069.6 In reply to 32069.5 
If you're seriously asking, it's the famous Apple "1984" ad, screened during the 1984 Superbowl to launch the first Apple Mac.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32069.7 In reply to 32069.6 
Ahhhhh sorry. Not enough coffee yet. And I was only 5 at the time :$
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mouse     
32069.8 In reply to 32069.7 
I have age. :((

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32069.9 In reply to 32069.6 
in a multimedia module i had this year they showed that original apple ad in the first lecture, and some definitely not nerdy great lad sitting near me mouthed every word perfectly in sync. and with all the right intonations. fantastic stuff.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  andy     
32069.10 In reply to 32069.9 
You just sat there wishing you were him, didn't you?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32069.11 In reply to 32069.8 
Not as much as I have :{) >:-(

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32069.12 In reply to 32069.11 
I find great solace in that thought.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32069.13 In reply to 32069.12 
Yes, but look at me. Someday all this horror will be yours.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32069.14 In reply to 32069.1 

I can see why you like it, and why it is successful as an ad, but it's not good satire. It would be nice if prospective leaders of the free world had something to say about other candidates other than "they're not me". It's not as if it would be difficult to pick up on Hilary's potential problems and make an ad just as slick, but with some seed of wit in it.

And as my appalling racist grandmother, who is still metaphorically alive in the US today, even in the Democratic Party, would say: he's got a touch of the tar brush about him, that man.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Sulkpot     
32069.15 In reply to 32069.14 
quote:
he's got a touch of the tar brush about him, that man.

But only a touch; which is what gives him a fighting chance at the nomination. He's much more white than black; creepily so.

With regard to the ad, I think it's pitched just right for this early in the campaign: slick and clever, and addressing a very specific and, for the Obama campaign, absolutely bullseye demographic. It just vaguely implies that Clinton is distant, patronising and imperious, picking up on her key presentational flaws.

The specifics will come a lot later. And that's where Obama's campaign managers have to pray that he doesn't have any major skeletons in his cupboard. They don't have to be bigger than Whitewater to knock him off-track: just more salacious or grubby.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32069.16 In reply to 32069.15 
You are correct, wiseman. But I'm still holding out for Boris Johnson to put his hat into the ring.

"Cripes! Is this thing on? Oh. Hullo, America. Jolly nice day isn't it. Isn't the world an altogether generally pleasant place?"

<Washington asplode />

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32069.17 In reply to 32069.16 
I 'd like to see him putting a hat into his ring. Especially something ambitious like a busby. Now that would be entrtainment.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32069.18 In reply to 32069.17 
You are a bad man who has spent too much time with Greg, and has forgotten that normal folk can't fit objects like hats or K6 telephone kiosks up their arses.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32069.19 In reply to 32069.18 
Both of your points are entirely reasonable.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–19

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats