War & PoliticsExcoriating Bush

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
The New York Times is my Merkan paper of choice. It's one of very few mainstream US media sources that treats politics and politicians with anything other than obsequious unction. Today's editorial on Bush's (in)decision not to make a keynote speech about Iraq before Christmas is a good example:

quote:
We are more than eager for this White House to finally get something right on Iraq. But we find it chilling to imagine that Mr. Bush and his advisers have only now begun a full policy review, months after Iraq plunged into civil war and years after experts began warning that the administration’s strategy was not working.

Bush Says Cheney, Rumsfeld Will Stay: "Both Men Are Doing Fantastic Jobs"...

Associated Press, 1 Nov 2006

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/excoriate :]

You shouldn't use such necrotically vernacular language.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Oscarvarium (OZGUR)     
31457.3 In reply to 31457.2 
And you should use a more appropriate reference for word definitions.
Caer
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

31457.4 In reply to 31457.2 
Indeed. Wiki-anything is an unacceptable reference, due to mindless vandalism by people like me. Unless I was accidentally right about the thriving Nepalese community in Worcester Park. You can even edit other users' user pages, which is why Peter's has said he's a VB programmer for the last week (following a minor scuffle over assboxes).

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  THERE IS NO GOD BUT (RENDLE)     
31457.5 In reply to 31457.4 

It can sometimes can be a bit dodgy but I think a well-maintained wiki page can be one of the best references around, as long as you check the history to make sure the last edit wasn't a vandalism. With the biggest pages, any vandalism is generally reverted in a matter of minutes.

But yeah, if you are going to use it, I guess you should at least cross-reference it just to make sure.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

31457.6 In reply to 31457.5 
You should trust your dear father's vocabulary.

Bush Says Cheney, Rumsfeld Will Stay: "Both Men Are Doing Fantastic Jobs"...

Associated Press, 1 Nov 2006

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–6

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats