War & PoliticsSo is he going to go?

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
The resignation of a junior minister and 6 Parliamentary Private Secretaries is hardly going to fell the messianic, oleaginous, murdering, hypocritical shit in itself, but I can't help thinking that as things stand it would take the resignation of just one senior minister and it would all be over for Teflon Tony.

Is he going to go? Is he going to limp on for another nine months? Would that be long enough to gestate a young pretender who could pip Brown to the post in a David Cameron/Davis stylee?

Cor lummee it's all exciting stuff. I don't suppose there's any chance they'll impeach him, is there?

We face an enemy that has an ideology. They believe things. The best way to describe their ideology is to relate to you the fact that they think the opposite of the way we think.

George Bush

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
30533.2 In reply to 30533.1 
I'd like to see him (and Bush) tried for Iraq.

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

30533.3 In reply to 30533.1 
I think he'll limp on. The labour party has proven how balless it is again and again. I remember when I was a kid, with Maggie in charge. And votes of no confidence all the time. It was fun. It's fucking dull these days.

Foralympics 2006
Team Macedonia
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

30533.4 In reply to 30533.1 

I'm with Xeno. The Labour Party is too weak. Where's Robin Cook when you need him?

Oh.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

30533.5 In reply to 30533.1 
I like the thing with Jacques Chirac, where he's currently evading prosecution for various crimes because he's President, but when he loses an election he's going to get arrested. It would be nice if something like that were in store for Tony. But I suppose he'll just retire to some big fat sinecures and write his entirely honest and factual memoirs.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  THERE IS NO GOD BUT (RENDLE)     
30533.6 In reply to 30533.5 
As I have said before, I wish him a retirement long enough to fully realise the ignominy with which history will remember him. I think it's the only thing that will really hurt him; though I'd be prepared to try stapling his withered pee-pee to the back of Naseem Hamed's McLaren.

We face an enemy that has an ideology. They believe things. The best way to describe their ideology is to relate to you the fact that they think the opposite of the way we think.

George Bush

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

30533.7 In reply to 30533.6 
I hope he spends his final years in something similar to The Raven, except instead of Lenore, it's George W. Bush, and instead of a raven, it's Cujo.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  THERE IS NO GOD BUT (RENDLE)     
30533.8 In reply to 30533.5 

The second he steps down he's off to America - they're much happier about Iraq there (in general) and his reputation isn't shot to quite as many pieces. Plus he's been making efforts to make friends in high places over there with an eye to scoring some sort of consulting-type job.
Overall he'll do far too well post-PM role for my liking.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Radio     
30533.9 In reply to 30533.8 
And the autobiography, of course. "My Triumph", or something equally self-trumpting.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–9

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats