Games (inc Online)Metro redux lookin' badass

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL

----
"Ninety percent of Americans use the Internet. The other ten percent use the banjo."
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
41158.2 In reply to 41158.1 
I've yet to finish the first one - partly because I'm busy, partly because it was scary  :-$
[...Insert Brain Here...]
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Serg (NUKKLEAR)     
41158.3 In reply to 41158.2 
It does look scary.

----
"Ninety percent of Americans use the Internet. The other ten percent use the banjo."
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41158.4 In reply to 41158.1 
Might have to have a go of that when its out. I completed the first one, awesome fun but bloody scary, I have still to finish the latest and I am finding that even more scary than the first one. It is truly a beautiful looking game and very hard to boot.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Wattsy (SLAYERPUNX)     
41158.5 In reply to 41158.4 
I need to see if my rig is up to spec.

So I can do the originals but not redux versions. Good to know they are still scary!

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Got the game, installing it now. Surprised it needed a steam account since I bought it retail at a shop. Even more surprised I could remember the u/p of my steam account.

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41158.7 In reply to 41158.6 
Lots of games need a Steam account too - they will have Steamworks written somewhere on the box probably. And probably also "requires a Steam account to play" or something. Some of them pretty much make you download the whole damn thing too! 

I have stopped buying boxed games some time ago.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Against my better judgement, I'm liking the cinematics and storyline of this so far. Shooting and stabbing some vicious mutant dogs hasn't hurt either.

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

I /really/ just don't get it.

truffy.gifbastard by name
bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)     
41158.10 In reply to 41158.9 
You need a steam account. Then you can get it.

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41158.11 In reply to 41158.10 
I have a steam account. I don't want it.

bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41158.12 In reply to 41158.11 
You could have had this for five bucks last week, if you had been paying attention.

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41158.13 In reply to 41158.12 
Hell's teeth, I've seen more realistic acting on Crossroads.

bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41158.14 In reply to 41158.13 
With Ukrainian localization? I doubt it.

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41158.15 In reply to 41158.14 
It could well have been in bloody Ukrainian for all the sense it made.

bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41158.16 In reply to 41158.15 
Things are looking up since I gained an AK-47, an automatic shotgun, several sticks of dynamite and a clutch of throwing knives. Many, many mutant dogs have died. Also bandits.

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41158.17 In reply to 41158.16 
All of which could just as easily be useful if you lived on a council estate in middle England.

bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Does anyone want Metro2033 for free? Well then why didn't you get it from Humble Bundle the other day then, you dingbat?

First to PM gets it I guess.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41158.19 In reply to 41158.18 
The game has some really good scenery and combat against *human* bots (ass't nazi & soviet troops). The monsters though soon cease to be scary, and there's not much variety to them. You got your mutant dogs which are easy enough to kill, the bat-vultures, absurdly difficult and really, really annoying, and the mountain gorillas (unaccountably called "librarians" in game) which may be the scariest of the lot. Then you have the flaming basketballs of death. What gets really tedious is the 'treasure hunt' aspect, as you have to scour every level for ammo and gas filters, and you have to troop around small villages where all the people act like jackasses to complete some pointless tasks (like trading bullets for gas filters). Difficult to see how a mere graphics upgrade could fix these issues. FWIW, last light is a definite improvement except the treasure-hunt aspect is actually worse.

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–19

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats