SoftwareTheme's/Skinning for my Galaxy S3?

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
What is the best way to change the looks of my phone a bit? With my old one I think Ant sent me some nice icons and I used an app to replace them. Is there something out there that will allow me to customize things all in one app like? I really don't know what I want to do with it yet, just starting to think about it and figured I'd ask what people were using.

By reading my posts you agree to my terms of service.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Ken (SHIELDSIT)     
39726.2 In reply to 39726.1 
Cyanogenmod. And then pick one if the many themes available!

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39726.3 In reply to 39726.1 
You could just change the Launcher (not necessarily the whole ROM as Matt is suggesting, though that would give you even more theme control). So if you were using, say, GoLauncher EX or Apex or Nova there's lots of things you can do.

I'm just using stock Jelly Bean 4.1.1 though. mmm.

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt     
39726.4 In reply to 39726.2 
Do you use that ROM manager app thing for it. I can't remember it's name right now.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
39726.5 In reply to 39726.3 
What phone do you have? I can't get Jellybean until Q4 (they say). :-((

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39726.6 In reply to 39726.4 
Rom Manager and CWM (Clockwork Mod) Recovery.

Do you have a standard GSM S3 or one of the carrier branded variants from Sprint, AT&T or Tmobile?

Have a look at the S3 Toolkit thread on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1703488

If the toolkit will work you can use it to root your phone and install CWM really easily!

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39726.7 In reply to 39726.6 
I've got a Verizon model. I rooted it yesterday, just haven't done the second part and installed CWM yet. So I shall do that first and then see how beautiful I can make this phone.

Thanks Matt!

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39726.8 In reply to 39726.5 
Galaxy Nexus. I've posted enough times that Ant takes the piss out of me for it now, but if you want the latest and greatest Android releases when they actually happen, Nexus is the way to go. If you want to wait for a manufacturer to maybe update it one day maybe not, then anything else.

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39726.9 In reply to 39726.8 
You've got a Galaxy Nexus?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39726.10 In reply to 39726.8 
Ah ok. I was thinking about that one, the Droid Razr, or the S3.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
39726.11 In reply to 39726.9 
you shut up, you (giggle)

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39726.12 In reply to 39726.11 

I am tempted to go down the Nexus route, even though I do actually like HTC Sense.

I might wait for the next Nexus phone, not that I will be needing a quadcore CPU and whatever else it offers. Hopefully it isn't bigger than the Galaxy Nexus because that is pushing how large I want a phone. I think the HTC Sensation is the ideal size.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
39726.13 In reply to 39726.12 
I don't think they'd make it any bigger, or at least not without offering a normal-sized alternative. Leave that stuff to the Note.

I guess it'll be November before the next one's properly announced, there was that rumour that they'll do multiple models from more than one manufacturer too.

Always slightly surprises me when people say they like Sense. Ugh. But I haven't used it since Android 2.2 I don't think, so probably unfair. But there's surely launchers around that can replicate it anyway?

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39726.14 In reply to 39726.13 

Sense 3.6, and I guess 4, have been received quite well. Much improved from the days of Android 2.2. Less bloaty and more functional.

Not sure if there are any launchers that replicate it, but I doubt I'd use one. I'd just get used to stock android. I liked it on my tablet.

Oh how I miss it :((

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39726.15 In reply to 39726.13 

I have an HTC One S, that came with ICS-y Sense. It's still unredeemable crap. Phone is great, though- and now I'm running Cyanogenmod on it, so all is well.

Well, all will be well when CM updates to Jelly Bean.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39726.16 In reply to 39726.2 
Seems Cyanogenmod isn't available for the S3 presently. Bastards.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39726.17 In reply to 39726.16 
CM9 nightlies right here. Don't let the nightly part scare you off, it's pretty damn perfect. Better than the CM9 nightly I was running on my Sensation.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39726.18 In reply to 39726.17 
OK so I've backed up with Rom Manager. Do I just download this and put it on my card and let it install? Then if I want I just restore my backup correct?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39726.19 In reply to 39726.17 
Ah there's the issue. I have the i535 from Verizon. They say there is enough different to possibly brick them if you don't pay attention to the models.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39726.20 In reply to 39726.19 
Man it must suck to own a phone in the US, why must they have more than 1 phone with the same name on it?!

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–25

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats