CodingApache and Perl and MySQL: confusion

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)     
37663.14 In reply to 37663.13 
Actually, it's easy to imagine what it might be: PHP is fucking ugly, with all those damned $dollars, under_scores, arrow->operators, and the silly paamayim::nekudotayim.

Or it might be that nobody cares if you know PHP (since it's so commonplace), and he wants something that might be found interesting instead of mundane.

Or maybe it's because it has a silly name and recursive acronym and is too many sylabulls.

Or, like, who cares. Life is too short to worry over whether someone picks PHP or not.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
I am a great fool.

It's actually Python wot Bob knows (and recommends). I don't know why I got it confused with Perl.

So anyway, I installed Apache again, then Python, and I think I installed Pylons properly. The welcome page showed up on localhost:5000 anyway, and Paste seemed to be doing something.

So! I think I'll get to grips a bit more with this whole Python lark first, then maybe make something useful :O
Caer
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  af (CAER)      
37663.16 In reply to 37663.15 
If you want a framework with it check out django...

----
What can't social media do?
  • Make coffee
  • Tie its shoes
  • Spell
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
37663.17 In reply to 37663.14 
PHP is fucking ugly

And you're an oil painting? :?
nobody cares if you know PHP (since it's so commonplace)

By the same token, there's plenty of help readily available.
he wants something that might be found interesting instead of mundane.

Your suggestion of CF (or derivative thereof) indicates a confusion between 'interesting' and 'quaint'.
Or maybe it's because it has a silly name and recursive acronym and is too many sylabulls.

The first sensible suggestion that you've made! :)

bastard by name, bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–17

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats