CodingEmbedded image test...

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Mal (BAD)     
36529.11 In reply to 36529.5 
What about using JS to generate a smooth gradient background image on the client?
Can't do that easily in one request normally (would need to know window size), but client-side wouldn't be too tricky - and it would likely be less data than the equivalent image too.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mouse     
36529.12 In reply to 36529.7 
Not really - images aren't really the main issue with emails, it's support for other things like widths, margins, and so on.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36529.13 In reply to 36529.9 

Not sure I'm on yer spam list tbh, which is odd. Sure I used to be.

Also I am running out of obscure string instruments to acuse you of selling.

The Seventh Posture of Burton's translation of The Perfumed Garden is an unusual position not described in other classical sex manuals. The receiving partner lies on their side. The penetrating partner faces the receiver, straddling the receiver's lower leg, and lifts the receiver's upper leg on either side of the body onto the crook of penetrating partner's elbow or onto the shoulder. While some references describe this position as being "for acrobats and not to be taken seriously," others have found it very comfortable, especially during pregnancy.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
36529.14 In reply to 36529.13 
I haven't sent one for a few weeks :$

Which of the following would you most prefer?
A: a puppy,
B: a pretty flower from your sweety, or
C: a large properly formatted data file?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36529.15 In reply to 36529.14 
The Thought Police Google won't be happy with you. And those BordonĂșas won't sell themselves, you know.

The Seventh Posture of Burton's translation of The Perfumed Garden is an unusual position not described in other classical sex manuals. The receiving partner lies on their side. The penetrating partner faces the receiver, straddling the receiver's lower leg, and lifts the receiver's upper leg on either side of the body onto the crook of penetrating partner's elbow or onto the shoulder. While some references describe this position as being "for acrobats and not to be taken seriously," others have found it very comfortable, especially during pregnancy.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)      
36529.16 In reply to 36529.11 
Fair point - hadn't thought of that. I suppose it allows you to offload any sort of image processing/generation to the client - albeit at the cost of having to re-run it on every refresh? Might be painful for mobile users with slow js processing though!
back in a flash! and as dangerous as ever...
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mal (BAD)     
36529.17 In reply to 36529.16 
Well refreshing is becoming a rarer event with all this asynchronous loading, so that's less of a problem.
Though it would be good if browser caches allowed manual insert/retrieval using JS - easier than faffing with cache control headers!

Slow JS processing for mobile devices could be an issue, but with 800MHz CPUs just around the corner, it shouldn't be much of an issue for long?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)      
36529.18 In reply to 36529.11 
You sort of could make a gradient- use SVG for Firefox and Safari, and a CSS filter for IE. The IE part isn't valid, but then this method doesn't work it in it at all...
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–18

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats