CodingSilly VBA problem

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL

Okay, so I should preface this by saying I've barely used VBA in my life and I've only used VB about 5 or 6 years ago.

But this didn't stop me spending 6 hours yesterday making an all singing all dancing data sorta me-do for Jane. Basically, it just creates a load of new sheets and sorts data into them. Along with a bit of prettyness and a neat options page. Finally, it adds a 'sum' row to the end of each sheet.

It remembers each sheets active row in an integer array:

CountryActiveArray()

and the names

CountryNameArray()

Of course, the positions are identical so that I can cross ref.

For some reason, no matter what I do, I can't get one of the outputs to evaluate. It's probably just as easy to show you - I've attached two instances of my break point. One which evalutes properly and the other that doesn't:

http://img.waffleimages.com/dcf407848b5e83167d2ae8935575014391cafe28/wrong.JPG

http://img.waffleimages.com/9ed4577a8de91a843c8351c0dae243377f3181c8/right.JPG

I suppose, logically, it's most likely that something in my code elsewhere is screwing it so if there's any way I can look deeper please let me know. The IF statement is only there to stop it from adding a sum row to empty sheets, cos it looks shit loike.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Dan (HERMAND)     
35830.2 In reply to 35830.1 
I think the problem is with your linking.

Lucky Pierre, a sexual position in which during a three-person sexual encounter with at least two men participating, one male penetrates the anus of the other male, who is simultaneously penetrating either the anus or the vagina of the third person. The man in the middle, who both gives and receives, is the "Lucky Pierre".
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
35830.3 In reply to 35830.2 
Dodgy image host - Ctrl + Refresh and they work :s
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Dan (HERMAND)     
35830.4 In reply to 35830.3 
I have no idea about VBA, sorry :((

Lucky Pierre, a sexual position in which during a three-person sexual encounter with at least two men participating, one male penetrates the anus of the other male, who is simultaneously penetrating either the anus or the vagina of the third person. The man in the middle, who both gives and receives, is the "Lucky Pierre".
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 35830.5 was deleted

To:  koswix     
35830.6 In reply to 35830.4 
It's okay - I fixed it. I'd accidentally defined some number info as a string,
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mr (M00RL0CK)     
35830.7 In reply to 35830.5 

Weird - didn't see your message yesterday (it was still marked as unread) but, yeah, that was the problem.

Looked through everything else and I'd only done it the once so meh.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–7

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats