Coding.NET ambitiousness

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL

So, I'm trying to write some AJAX functionality for an ASP.NET site at work. I'm sure that what I'm doing is easily achievable using the actual AJAX framework, but I hate it and I kind of enjoy fiddling around with things.

I've got most of the stuff worked out- I can load the page, change the properties of some controls, send the changes back to the browser and Response.End(). So far so good.

My only problem at the moment is that I can't automatically detect what changes have been made- I have to specify what to send back to the browser. Now, the page has a ViewState object that is basically just a like a HashTable (or something similar) that tracks changes to the page. Does anyone know how I could go about comparing two ViewState objects and somehow pull out the values that are different?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Ally     
35727.2 In reply to 35727.1 
Aw. Maybe never mind- I've worked out how to decode the ViewState but even in raw object form it's nearly impossible to decipher what it's talking about and where it goes. Oh well.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

35727.3 In reply to 35727.1 
It looks rather dead round here.

I haven't been for ages. But working from home is boring me ....
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Ben (BENLUMLEY)     
35727.4 In reply to 35727.3 

Well, "Rendle and Kenny not being here" more or less counts as the Coding folder being dead.

It's cold here.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

35727.5 In reply to 35727.4 
Sorry! I've been doing actual work of late, and unfortunately it's been more along the lines of mucking about with databases and data warehouses and reports and creating things to tell bankers how much they had invested in doomed ponzi schemes. Not done any actual .net in ages!

Kenny
The Wisdom of IMDB Messageboards:
One Night At McCool's

There's one thing I don't understand: Why would Randy and Jewel, for some reason, have sex right at the beginning of the movie?

-- Um, like, are you kidding? Randy sees the golden opportunity (like finding plutonium by accident) and takes it.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ)     
35727.6 In reply to 35727.5 
(I should mention that it turns out they didn't have much in the ponzi scheme, much to their relief)

Kenny
The Wisdom of IMDB Messageboards:
One Night At McCool's

There's one thing I don't understand: Why would Randy and Jewel, for some reason, have sex right at the beginning of the movie?

-- Um, like, are you kidding? Randy sees the golden opportunity (like finding plutonium by accident) and takes it.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ)     
35727.7 In reply to 35727.5 
Ha, it wasn't a dig at all, more an observation that most of my .NET questions seem to be resolved by either yourself or Rendle. So, a complement if anything. Thanks!
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

35727.8 In reply to 35727.7 
I'm not really up on ASP.NET and stuff like view state. Although I did get databinding working in Javascript, with a view to using JSON serialization for passing stuff backwards and forwards.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–8

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats