CodingASP.NET MVC framework

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
...looks bloody great. It's about time, I despise WebForms. Shame it'll be forever until I actually have a chance to use it- will probably require an entirely new project.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Ally     
35469.2 In reply to 35469.1 
I knocked up a licensing page in ASP.NET AJAX the other day. Haven't done much web stuff. It was hateful. The development environment's so half-cocked compared to Windows Forms, the framework classes ignore all the guidelines and there's no consistency. Bleurgh.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  THERE IS NO GOD BUT (RENDLE)     
35469.3 In reply to 35469.2 

Urgh, I despise the AJAX framework for ASP.NET. I've actually never ended up working out how to use it, it just seems so contrary to my instincts when I try to do AJAX stuff.

They started out with some interesting ideas in the WebForms concept (ViewState, etc) but then kept throwing stuff at it when it became the latest hot thing and.. I hate it. The resulting HTML code from the average WebForms project is just terrible- and the custom controls people develop are equally as bad if not worse. MVC gives total control over the resulting HTML, thank god.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–3

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats