Teh ForumTeh Bank Account

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
I've been investigating setting up a bank account on Teh's behalf to simplify affiliate payments, annual hosting, collecting donations, and so on.

The closest "formal" thing that Teh equates to seems to be a social club (yes?), so I have been looking at accounts for "clubs and societies".

I checked the local banks today:
- Barclays was crammed full so I didn't even try going in (but I've got a PDF with a basic overview of their "Community Account".
- Lloyd TSB didn't have any Customer Services people, nor any relevant leaflets.
- Natwest actually had a CS helpdesk that was attended, and they went off and got a pack together for me (although they took their time - implied they had to get all the different pieces of paper from many places :? )

So, yes, the Natwest information pack is nice and detailed and helpful, but also mentions all the stuff that "official" clubs have - chairpersons, secretaries, Minutes of meetings, actual premises, and so forth.

Obviously those aren't really relevant to us, so I'll need to determine how set in stone / flexible the application forms are, and work out what exactly we might need - whether we'll need to nominate people for relevant positions for the purpose of the bank account, etc.

But before I start getting into all that, I just want to check in case anyone goes "NOOO!!! Natwest eat babies! Goto XYZ Bank instead!", or has any other complaints, or comments, or whatever.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
34594.2 In reply to 34594.1 

I'm with NatWest. They're alright, I assume I've had as many/little problems with them as anyone normally has with most other banks.

Which reminds me, I really should sort out the card reader bollocks they gave me over a year ago that didn't work right and stops me from doing online transfers to the likes of you for hosting.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 34594.3 deleted 24 May 2015 21:00 by 53NORTH

To:  Al JunioR (53NORTH)     
34594.4 In reply to 34594.3 
Black's good. (nod)

Not sure I'll have enough time today to get to my nearest HSBC (going to be a busy day; not much time for lunch. :T). but tomorrow or Thursday I can pop along and see what they say.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34594.5 In reply to 34594.4 
If you can't get there, I've got an HSBC very close to the office - let me know any details or anything relevant and I'll pop in if you want me to.
[...Insert Brain Here...]
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

34594.6 In reply to 34594.1 

I suggest that you take any banking recommendations from me with a hint of bile.

Fucking HSBC :@

69, also known by its French name soixante-neuf (sixty-nine), is a sexual activity. In this position, two people orient themselves such that each person's mouth is near the other's genitals, simultaneously performing oral sex. This position can be performed in opposite-sex or same-sex pairings.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

TWAT BEFT WANK :@

(I don't mind, all banks are the same from my experience. Sometimes they are great, sometimes they are bollocks, all depends on who you happen to deal with)

Which of the following would you most prefer?
A: a puppy,
B: a pretty flower from your sweety, or
C: a large properly formatted data file?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mouse     
34594.8 In reply to 34594.7 

A++++, would agree with this customer's views again.

:B

[...Insert Brain Here...]
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Would it be possible to get a PayPal account which would facilitate receipt of funds in different currencies?  It would also be easier to add a donate link to the forum which would allow using donated funds for the project and/or the maintenance of the forum hosting.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 34594.10 deleted 24 May 2015 21:00 by 53NORTH

34594.11 In reply to 34594.1 

I love Natwest, they're my "real bank" as I'm also forced to have a Co-operative account.

I understand the kind of secretaries they/you are on about, but I do look rather good in a pencil skirt and kitten heels.

Psycho Who?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Al JunioR (53NORTH)     
34594.12 In reply to 34594.10 

:<

It was supposed to be Yorkshire rhyming slang.

What about the Cooperative bank, for ethicals and that.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 34594.13 deleted 24 May 2015 21:00 by 53NORTH

To:  Serg (NUKKLEAR)     
34594.14 In reply to 34594.5 
Currently it's primarily information gathering - figuring out what they actually offer, and if there are any benefits/drawbacks between the banks (e.g. being able to take international payments... might be free, paid, or not available).

Also want to specifically ask along the lines of "is your clubs/society account suitable for online/[inter]national groups?"

I wont be able to go tomorrow, and thursday/friday aren't too likely either, so if it's convenient for you to pop in before the weekend that'd be helpful - I'm trying not to let this lag; want to work things out while they're fresh.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mouse     
34594.15 In reply to 34594.12 
I looked briefly at the Co-op bank website, but I think their community/clubs account required a silly minimum balance (as in, a thousand or two), or possibly some other restriction which seemed to rule us out. (can't remember properly)

It would be nice to go with someone that appears to be ethical and stuff, but again I wont have much time for research in the next few days, so if you or anyone felt like investigating and finding out if they do offer a suitable account, that'd be great.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Aurora     
34594.16 In reply to 34594.9 
Once the account is setup I can investigate that stuff. Will evaluate options when the account features are known, so there's something to compare against.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 34594.17 deleted 24 May 2015 21:00 by 53NORTH

34594.18 In reply to 34594.15 
I shall try and give them a ring tomorrow and ask.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

I use the Co-Op for /everything/.

Their ethics and shit are good. Their banking and shit is shit.

69, also known by its French name soixante-neuf (sixty-nine), is a sexual activity. In this position, two people orient themselves such that each person's mouth is near the other's genitals, simultaneously performing oral sex. This position can be performed in opposite-sex or same-sex pairings.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
34594.20 In reply to 34594.19 
Fuck the ethics. If they're shit bank they're a shit bank. Ethics are something you flaunt to rise above the competition, not instead of being any good.

some things never change
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–39

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats