GeneralI Need To Live In the USA! Problem!

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
This

is what I use for my ebooks and I find it works very well!
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  spinning_plates     
31892.43 In reply to 31892.42 
You will be blind* by the age of twelve.

*Had this been No Backspace Friday that would have read 'You will be bling...' and who knows, maybe you will, at that.

"The Iraqi regime possesses biological and chemical weapons."

George W Bush, 28 Sept 2002

"I can say with certainty that the Quds Force, a part of the Iranian government, has provided these sophisticated I.E.D.s."

George W Bush, 14 Feb 2007

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
31892.44 In reply to 31892.43 

Actually my eyesight is pretty ace. I find the Palm easier to read than a book - the lighting is never a problem - can read in bed without a light on or in the metro with everyone crowded round me (unlike the assholes who unfold a paper in your face). I can carry loads of book, just the same as a true ebook reader, but I can also do loads of other stuff with it and best of all it's not made by Sony, so it doesn't use proprietary crap.

I probably mentioned before, but I got a Sony "MP3" player for my 18th birthday (this would be 5½ years ago) that wouldn't actually play MP3s, only ATRAC3S. I hardly used the thing and sold it on eBay. Damn Sony.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

31892.45 In reply to 31892.44 
Normally I would agree with the no sony shout.

But I have to say that the problems I had with pda reading were

• Battery (forget to charge it overnight and you're buggered half way through the next day)
  • Glare, sometimes in daylight really difficult to read.
  • Small screen (it is a small screen!)
  • Eye strain, (less so on my older trusty IIIxe my first pda)
  • even with cleartype of clearview of what ever still hurt my eyes after a long session resulting in headaches.

Doing otherthing? Well my windows mobile 5 smartphone does everything my old pda did so I have that with me anyway.

I love my eletronic paper and really do thing it is a step (maybe not the "leap" I was hoping for) forward in mobile reading.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Dr Nick (FOZZA)      
31892.46 In reply to 31892.45 

Ok, points taken, however battery is not a problem - I always carry the charger in my backpack just in case, glare has not been a problem for me so far and most of the time I'm still inside anyway, small-screen is not a problem and same would be said of eye-strain - I find it more comfortable to read the Palm than a book.

Plus no restrictions on what I can read on it.

Glad you like your electronic paper though.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

31892.47 In reply to 31892.42 
What godawful thing are you reading? That's the worst prose I've come across outside of a gothy-type poetry reading.

--
I [did | did not] read the entire thread before posting.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  AND HIS PROPHET IS (MOHAMED42)     
31892.48 In reply to 31892.47 
Red Mars. I think that part isn't done justice out of context. I'm enjoying it a lot so far - all the more so on Palm (I think I mentioned I tried to start reading it in hard-back but it was impractical for carrying around all the time).
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

31892.49 In reply to 31892.48 
I dont even remember that bit. The rest of it isn't rubbish.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  sinkywinky     
31892.50 In reply to 31892.49 
Precisely. This would be the bit where they were coming towards Mars on the Ares just as they were about to orbit, hence why it's rather flowery prose.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  21–40  41–50

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats