I miss you guys

To: Linn (INDYLS) 18 of 117
Hello!

Like everyone I miss forums.
I used to go to gigs a lot but cut back a few years ago and then the pandemic happened. Looking to find gigs to go to and all the old ticket sites are gone and there are no forums to ask and Facebook is...not what I want to use.

I have the Twit and Insta but barely do anything there either.

One of the things I miss about forums is actually being able to avoid spoilers as they were sectioned off as opposed to being shouted at whoever is in listening range.

*rants over*

As for me, I have worked as an IT department for a school but now am at Halfords. Started as a 'fitting bits to cars' guy, then up to Bike Technician and now a Duty Manager.

Taken up hiking and camping (no, John) over the last few years.
Also game quite a bit. Not so much Counter-Strike (although I want to get back into it for 2.0) but Battlefield and now Sim Racing. Got the steering wheel and pedals and about to put together a cockpit. Will likely get PSVR2 as well as I can't really afford PC VR at the moment.
To: Voltane 19 of 117
I got into simracing in the pandemic too! Assetto Corsa Competizione, on PC. And yeah, in VR via a Quest 2, in a cockpit rig. It’s ludicrous really but I enjoy it so much. Never cared about cars, never watched the races. Well, actually, the other week I went to British GT at Oulton Park to see some of these cars I spend so much time pretending to drive. But even then I didn’t really follow what was going on very much. 

If anybody wants to join a friendly Thursday night league of racers, let me know! We are a wide mix of ability and very welcoming. 
To: milko 20 of 117
I've been going to Brands Hatch for a few years now for the (now Fanatec) GT World Challenge. Great fun seeing cars go round what I've been racing on.
Raced in a couple of friendly leagues the last few years but work most Thursday evenings. Are they a commit to a full season at a time place? (like every league i've ever been in :D )
To: Linn (INDYLS) 21 of 117
Hello!!
Message 42943.22 was deleted
Message 42943.23 was deleted
Message 42943.24 was deleted
To: Linn (INDYLS) 25 of 117
Next door in Scarborough.
To: milko 26 of 117
Is it like a demolition derby? I've played AC for all of ten minutes, managing to crash the car about fifty times. I might have gone all of a kilometer. Ok, half that.
To: Linn (INDYLS) 27 of 117
 :-((
To: graphitone 28 of 117
Oh noooo! You too!!
To: william (WILLIAMA) 29 of 117
Not sure two posts in the last six months qualifies as "still posting"... :(

Anyhow, looky what I found recently... not just pre-Teh, but also pre-NPCFF... file modified date is 24 April 2001.

Don't recall who drew it though. Might have been Simon Roberts, but I think it was someone else.

EDITED: 22 Apr 2023 23:33 by BOUGHTONP
Attachments:
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 30 of 117
Wow. Can you put names to the faces?
To: william (WILLIAMA) 31 of 117
I can certainly put names to them... some might even be the correct ones. :)

Back row: Chris or Izziwizzi ? ; LordPaul ? ; EnglishPaul ; Mikee ; Simon R ; Greg ; Chris Byers ? ; Truffy or Rendle ? ; Luke

Front row: Ant or Sulkpot ? ; J1se or Endo ; Milko ? ; Fozza or Ixion ? ; Andy ; Yve

Plenty missing from there though - I don't recall if there was another image that included them, but there were definitely a fair few more regulars. It's a shame Rowan & Xen's bestiary went AWOL.

To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 32 of 117
Quote: 
Is it like a demolition derby? I've played AC for all of ten minutes, managing to crash the car about fifty times. I might have gone all of a kilometer. Ok, half that.

ah, no. Typically its a bit harder than regular AC to get to grips with, at least at first. In AC you can just pop into an MX-5 (miata) and it's quite forgiving. These things need you to get tyre pressures right and so on, it's a steep learning curve.

Wreckfest is the game for destruction urges, that's great.
To: Linn (INDYLS) 33 of 117
 (bounce)
To: milko 34 of 117
"it's a steep learning curve"

:-@

To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 35 of 117
The bestiary was hilarious. I seem to remember it went missing, then was found, then went missing again for good.
To: ALL36 of 117
Hello all, such a very long time since we were all here - I too miss those days
I much enjoyed the early minecraft stuff
To: Linn (INDYLS) 37 of 117
I was just checking my spam and seen an email for “teh forum”. Well there’s a blast from the past. I hope everyone is doing well.