Red Matter 1 and 2

To: ALL1 of 3
Got Red Matter as Christmas loot, but what with Alyx and other games and real life etc I never got round to it until recently.

Super fun! Took me a while to get into it, but immediately shocked by the VR quality from a small games company. Great story, great atmosphere. So hooked that I bought Red Matter 2 as soon as I'd finished 1. There's a bit in 2 where you cross a walkway from a space shuttle to enter a station built into an asteroid orbiting Saturn. For a moment I thought 'sod the game' and I stood and looked at the view, which isn't something I've done much of in games. Interacting with things is almost up there with Alyx (improves from 1 to 2, but it's pretty good in 1). Like most VR stuff, these aren't massive long games. There are no zombies or roving mercenaries and bandits, so if that rocks your boat to the max, this probably isn't your cup of tea. It's nothing like as "serious" as Myst, or as comic as, say, Zork Grand Inquisitor, but it has a fab 60s/70s Soviet-era thing going on, and a computer obviously inspired by GLaDOS from Portal.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 2 of 3
What are you playing it on? Quest 2? or PC Headset? (or I guess Quest 2 via PC stream)
To: Dr Nick (FOZZA) 3 of 3
Quest 2 via remote desktop/steam vr. The Quest 2 versions are supposed to be good too, but I get most stuff on steam now.