Lovers of Linux

To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 17 of 20
Whelp, after doing that the OSX installer DVD booted right up without complaint, and is installing as we speak. Fingers crossed  :-O

Dang. Interestingly the installer booted from the kernel panic dvd, then died partway through. After that one time, it's been kp every try. The os9.02 installer I had on hand was producing a click-o-death, so now I'm dl a 9.2.2 'universal drag-and-drop' installer iso from here https://www.macintoshrepository.org, presumably [/hopefully] a tad more compatible with this mofo beast  :-{)
EDITED: 2 Sep 2022 16:27 by DSMITHHFX
To: william (WILLIAMA) 18 of 20
No, haven't seen it. I hate watching videos for tech information, text + pictures please. I once spent some few hours trying to make a virtualized hackintosh (for lack of suitable hardware) but no joy.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 19 of 20
He's not exactly offering training information, just showing repairs in progress, sometimes using a microscope for filming and chatting through what he's doing. He says as much about Apple design, strengths and weaknesses as anything. He also demonstrates how many of the repairs are relatively easy for a skilled technician, and bemoans the fact that Apple will not attempt the repairs while at the same time working to put him out of business. They've even taken legal action against him to stop him obtaining parts.

Anyhoo, the point is that just as they have strategies that stop, or at least greatly inconvenience you, when you are recommissioning your Power PCs, so they also have strategies to stop you repairing your own property.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 20 of 20
This PPC has been recommissioned for the landfill.