Heat wave

To: ALL1 of 7
How y'all doing? 40° here, not unusual for this time of year, but still brutal.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 2 of 7
it was bloody hot yesterday. At one point just after the peak temp had passed and reduced to a positively still-quite-intense 37C my google weather app started telling me the current weather was "Smoke".

Today it's a bit of a boring 24C again.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 3 of 7
Rainy and windy here today, and back to a comfortable twenty-something-not-very-high.

Didn't find it too bad, although I'm not a fan of very hot weather. Scary though; forty plus is not normal for the UK. The Daily Mail's headline was Sunny Day snowflake Britain had a meltdown, it being the perfect opportunity for Lord Rothermere's fascist hate-rag to deny climate change and attack (lefty, woke) snowflakes. Had the 2021 British Columbia heatwave happened in Europe, no doubt the Mail would have laughed that off as something the lazy foreigners just imagined.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 4 of 7
Cooled down to ~36° today, didn't need the AC on overnight. More heat forecast though.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 5 of 7
AC isn't common over here in private homes (see comment about 40c not being normal in UK). Then again, when I was a kid most British people believed that sub zero winters could be mastered with one open fire, one single bar electric fire (for emergencies) and a hot water bottle.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 6 of 7
Just found out that the Mail's headline wasn't written by a journalist, or even a Mail staff member, but by some bloke called Stephen Robinson who is a "speech writer and consultant for companies operating in the energy sector”. He also wrote the accompanying front page article where he said “Why can’t the Met Office just tell us the weather, instead of spreading alarm and scolding us with doom-laden lectures?” He also accused them of being "woke" and "alarmist"

To: william (WILLIAMA) 7 of 7
Money well spent!