Star Terk: Strange New Worlds vs The Orville

To: ALL1 of 7
Been watching the Orville (came late to the party) and also the latest Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. My goodness. OK, I have quite enjoyed the first three episodes of STSNW. Recreation and updating of a (just) prior-to-kirk Star Trek is excellent. But, to be totally honest, the stories are....OK. I mean, to be totally honest, I'd probably watch the latest Star Trek if it was written and directed by the team from Mrs Brown's Boys (well, maybe not). But - um - the Orville is better. And better Star Trek.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 2 of 7
Also - Star Terk?
To: william (WILLIAMA) 3 of 7
I like STSNW too, it's more Star Terk Trek than Discovery. And as much as I really like the TNG-themed nostalgia kick of Picard, SNW is IMO much better.

The stories are straight out of the TOS / TNG playbook, which is fine by me. Rebecca even joked about ST only having 5 plotlines and she correctly guessed the entire ship catching contagious virus in 2 guesses this week.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 4 of 7
But also, yes The Orville is awesome. New season starts over here June 2nd. It's gonna be fun.
To: Matt 5 of 7
The first series season of Picard was, well, a bit weak. The second was much better. Strange New Worlds is neither new nor strange which isn't a bad thing. 

As for the Orville, we hadn't watched any of them so we have the whole lot to binge. We're restricting it to one a day which is more fun. They got everything right. If they'd made it more "goofy" or made the main characters more incompetent, then it would be awful. I think I assumed it would be that way from some of the early previews which is why it took me so long to get into it.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 6 of 7
Twerk.
To: Matt 7 of 7
Sad!