The Expanse

To: william (WILLIAMA) 2 of 5
Having seen a few episodes of both seasons 1 and 2 of The Preacher, I'm starting to feel the same way about it. It's a cool story, and there are a lot of jaw-dropping and funny bits, but it's also kind of predictable*? Ruth Negga is a pistol though.

*just remembered I had read all the graphic novels, so there's that.
EDITED: 3 Jan 2022 23:00 by DSMITHHFX
To: william (WILLIAMA) 3 of 5
Watched the last episode. It was OK. I quite enjoyed it as a wrapping up for the characters (who are still alive) and the wrapping up of an OK-but-not-great space-opera war story. I still think it's sad that so many extraordinary stories were kind of side-stepped in the final series. The detective (Joe Millar) was such a huge character from the early seasons, that everything felt lightweight when he was gone. There were some other big characters, but a major part of the balance had gone. The single biggest mystery, the proto-molecule and who created it and why, was sort of glossed over in a mad rush for a satisfactory ending. Anyway, still one of the better scifi series on the telly box.

And at least the books follow on with bigger answers in a more-or-less coherent way.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 4 of 5
I tend to agree. I think I like it as much as I do in large part due to the lack of competition in serious sci-fi TV. Have read the first book but not bothered with the rest and may never do unless they knock 'em all out cheap on Kindle sometime. There's a lot more competition for my time on books.

The pet semetary storyline seemed like what would normally be the halfway point of previous series of this show, like it's left open to resolve in some future film or series that they've yet to announce.

To: milko 5 of 5
Oh Lord, the Ranks of the Unread on Kindle and my bookshelf are far to big for me to consider reading the Expanse series as well.

All my knowledge of the books is second-hand (at best) from scanning Reddit.