Xmas loot

To: koswix 20 of 34
Perhaps, as Jack Daniels has the same parent company as Glendronach, he assumed it would be nice.

I know somebody who loves the stuff. She guzzles huge quantities. I forget how awful it is and try a glass every few years. Although it isn't as tooth-achingly sickly as that appalling whisky-liqueur Southern Comfort, it does leave you feeling as though a whole chocolate orange has been forced into your mouth and the residue polished off with a solution of Vics Vapour Rub and meths.
To: Dave!! 21 of 34
Jack actually pairs really nicely with twenty Marlboro.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 22 of 34
I assumed he just got some sort of deal on it through work tbh!

I quite like Jack tbf. Takes me back to my yoof in metal clubs. Also I'm not really that into whisky - can appreciate and enjoy a nice one but never really caught the bug for hunting down the perfect single malt. 

To: koswix 23 of 34
Ahh, the Marlboros first to block off your taste buds you mean?

Don't get me wrong, it's OK as a mixer with Cola and whatnot, but it tastes awful when neat IMO.

It's a bit like cheap tequila in that respect. That Sierra stuff you always get in pubs goes with salt and lime for a reason - because it tastes like crap. However I've had several more expensive tequilas which taste really nice just with a bit of ice and nothing else.
EDITED: 9 Jan 2022 17:50 by DAVE!!
To: Dave!! 24 of 34
It's all a matter of taste, though. I think JD tastes bad; other people love it. That's fine. I'm not a fan of most cheap blended Scotch whiskys either, but on the other hand, I do like dirt-cheap London dry gin. I'll drink that neat or with mixers. I'm not denying that there are better gins but I feel lucky that I'm happy with what I get at £10 per bottle instead of £40.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 25 of 34
I think it depends on the bottle. I'm not a fan of many cheap blended whiskys like Johnny Walker, but I find Famous Grouse to be fine for a cheaper blend, and some of the slightly more expensive blends like the Naked Grouse are genuinely very good! Chivas Regal is also perfectly OK to my palette.
To: ALL26 of 34
I got lotsa loot including Metaverse land, son-made fermenter jar, book of rave fliers and money which I used to e my bike.
To: Manthorp 27 of 34
Quote: 
Metaverse land

Holiday home? 
To: Dave!! 28 of 34
Can mostly say the same for cheap anything, though. Depends what your use is.

Sierra is fine if you're going to mix it with grenadine and orange juice for a Sunrise as the tequila is a background player. But an El Diablo is very tequila forward (if made fairly short with limited ginger ale) and benefits from a good quality tequila.

And for a slammer I definitely want a good tequila as that's what I'm mainly going to be tasting. In fact, we finished off our Xmas bottle of patron gold as slammers last week.

I don't drink many straight spirits, most of them really don't taste good like that to me. There are some whiskies and bourbons I enjoy straight, and occasionally a dark and/or spiced rum, but mostly my spirits go into cocktails. Going to experiment with some sours recipes using the Jack, might tame the sweetness a bit.

To: william (WILLIAMA) 29 of 34
When (if!) they allow building on Pavia, I'm curious as to how tall a penis they'll allow me to build. Childish? Me? Fuck, yes!
To: Dave!! 30 of 34
I've sampled a few single malts and found them generally pleasant but unmemorable. I think I prefer blended, but maybe I'm just a cheap drunk. My fave going on for a few years now is Islay Mist, allegedly 8-yo and blended with Laphroig.
To: Manthorp 31 of 34
So, lakeside, coastal, inland? What are the neighbours like? 
To: william (WILLIAMA) 32 of 34
Inland, not far from a lake, adjacent to a miamiesque 3x3 plot owned by one grizzledOil15118.
EDITED: 11 Jan 2022 18:48 by MANTHORP
Attachments:
To: william (WILLIAMA) 33 of 34
 rested for 10 days with my family, watched cartoons like  , movies like  didn’t even go to visit. In my opinion, the best way to spend New Year's Eve
APPROVED: 17 Jan 2022 12:40 by MILKO
To: Manthorp 34 of 34
So, how are things going in Pavia these days - or have you moved?