Best Place to learn Kungfu

To: Dave!! 4 of 6
The attack helicopter seemed more effective.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 5 of 6
I started to learn about 45 years ago (it was 47 years ago but that doesn't have the same resonance. I was kind of hoping it was 50 years but I don't want to wish my life away). My teacher was a nice chap called Chu who combined training for a full-contact tournament in Thailand with a bit of teaching. It was 1974. I was a student at an art school in London. He did rather well (I believe he came 3rd in his age/weight group) and I didn't learn anything beyond the same basic punch and step forward move that you see in every Kung Fu movie. 

In other words, I know nothing.

My wife, on the other hand, is a second dan black belt in karate (sama) and taught for a few years. She probably can't help either, even though she started to train in Kung Fu and Kick Boxing.

Mainly we do long walks these days. And lie on the sofa.
EDITED: 11 Sep 2021 20:51 by WILLIAMA
To: william (WILLIAMA) 6 of 6
I had a roommate/landlord who had one of those belts (black maybe?) in taekwondo. He said the key thing in martial arts *fighting* (vs.training, living the credo and whatnot) isn't all that different from straight-up boxing: can you take a punch [and keep on fighting]? If you can't, all the expertise in the world don't count for shit.
EDITED: 13 Sep 2021 11:17 by DSMITHHFX