Freedom Day

To: ALL9 of 16
Oddly enough I'm seeing more mask wearing and social distancing since we opened up coupla weeks ago, on the subway and in some neighborhoods / shopping districts.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 10 of 16
Well I've never been at 7am so don't know how much is location versus the types of people that shop late.

I'm fairly sure levels were higher a year ago and have gradually declined, but I can't remember too clearly and wouldn't stake anything important on that.

One correlation might be people in groups being even less likely (compared to individuals/couples), but I guess that's self-selective given the request not to do that in the first place.

To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 11 of 16
I was a bit later this morning - only by 30 minutes though. More uncovered faces, but probably still only 1 in 10. 

What I do see at that time is people doing things like building work etc. who are going to start at 8:00. They often arrive in groups of 2 or 3 and often didn't bother with masks when it was compulsory. I suppose there's peer pressure as well.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 12 of 16
The ones who are still wearing a mask, but with their nose sticking out or something, they boggle my mind a bit. Like, if you really don't want to, it's OK, Freedom Day has come! This weird non-useful half measure presumably makes you look a bit of a dickhead to 'both sides' of the mask wearing debate.
To: milko 13 of 16
Ah! Hah hah... yes! The ones like the granny I saw today, pushing her trolley with a couple of grand-kids in tow, wearing her mask on her chin like a sort of good-luck token or religious indulgence. There's a Tesco superstore bod, who always wore his mask like that, although now he is maskless - so I guess the management aren't insisting that staff wear them.

To: william (WILLIAMA) 14 of 16
Things are slowly changing, up here. We had the highest figures in the country for a few days but they have come down, since schools broke up.

Sure enough, I did a big shop in M&S, this morning, and ended up telling the woman behind me that she was welcome to pay for my shopping, since she was standing right in front of the card reader so I couldn't reach it.

I haven't missed that one single bit.
To: Gobfounded (YVE) 15 of 16
Long time etc. Yve. How's things? How's the Wibblys little and large (although I suppose the gap has closed by now)?
To: william (WILLIAMA) 16 of 16
They're large and extra large, these days. I'm just the small insignificant woman who pushes food towards them at regular intervals.