the BBC

To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 8 of 13
I will definitely forget some things but here's a few:

Fucking awful centrism "FBPE" type bollocks that saw them join the host of useful idiots around the remain side of Brexit that did plenty to actually enable its awful reality by fighting against the actual potential ways to come out of it as 'least badly' as possible via Corbyn's Labour. 
Similarly their anti-Corbyn bollocks that helped enable the criminal shitshow we have running the UK now and the fucking useless state of the Labour opposition we're left with. This is probably the main one for me really, we appear to be doomed to at least a decade or so more of this shit now and they're among the culpable. And like seemingly all of the people I'd accuse of that, they seem genuinely unable to see that it was a mistake, which makes me think they actually prefer the current state of affairs.
Their shamefully anti-trans agenda (you may not see this as much in Canada, I know the US arm of the paper isn't so inclined).
Their cutting down of actual journalism and expanding of "hey I'm a moron with an opinion about something" 'comment' articles.
Similarly cuts to their sports journalism although it's sport so whatever it's not really that important.
Advertorial from some horrible sources.

They're not a total lost cause maybe, but on the other hand I'm not sure they have any motivation to do anything about all that. I think part of the issue for me is recognising that they're not at all a paper of the Left, they're a neolib centrist product ideal for the Lib Dems and English Green Party politics. About which I have plenty more rant material I'm sure! I currently feel pretty far outside having a political or news 'home' anywhere. It's still my daily news site, gah.
To: milko 9 of 13
Yes, basically that wot you said.

To: milko 10 of 13
That's all true. I might have lower expectations going in, as far as them hewing to a particular party line. To be sure there were some shadowy influences at work in seeing off the threat of Corbynism (cough 'friends of Israel' cough). Apart from UK domestic issues, which I don't have a dog in the hunt, I find they generally do a better job in covering Euro/International stories. I also like their op-ed cartoons, which are often brilliant.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 11 of 13
The disingenuous weaponisation of anti-semitism to see off Corbyn is nothing short of a tragedy, in that it's fucked Labour for a long time to come even if he's not involved *and* made things worse for Jewish people anyway. Some cynical evil people and whole mass of wallet inspector victims behind that one, what a mess.
To: milko 12 of 13
Starmer has proved himself a nothingburger. He seemed better as deputy leader in opposition. What a disappointment (to this furriner).

The left-progressive media standard bearers here are the CBC (radio, tv) and Toronto Star (newspaper -- literally a shadow of its former self). I think they have most unwisely bet the farm on favourable political trends under the benevolent neglect of a center-left regime that could well be gone like a puff of smoke tomorrow.
EDITED: 9 Jun 2021 11:45 by DSMITHHFX
To: milko 13 of 13
It hasn't helped that Labour has elected a leader who has surrounded himself with those within the party who helped to coordinate the attacks on Corbyn. They are intent on maintaining the narrative that Labour is riddled with antisemites, but they also have related agendas which have nothing at all to do with opposing the tory party or winning elections - or helping the British public for that matter.