Night of the Templar (2013) TWR

To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 4 of 8
Keeping with the fact that the meta-aspects of the film are just as terrible as the film itself, I quite like that the description of the video is the publicist for the film asking YouTube not to delete it, because he actually does have permission to upload it.
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 5 of 8
Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but I saw your post while looking for something, read it, decided to investigate some of the reviews. I see what you mean. Films, even good ones, don't tend to get such gushing, OTT, praise as this one. Definitely worth a read 
To: william (WILLIAMA) 6 of 8
"you'll see some weird guy who keeps posting garbage reviews over and over"
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 7 of 8
Yeah, I saw that. Not 100% sure who it was aimed at. Maybe, it was a general smear in the direction of the negative reviews to distract from the fact that, as one (negative) reviewer noted,
Quote: 
10 of the reviewed (sic) accounts are opened in July 2012, all leaving a 10 star review. Another 10 accounts that left 10 star reviews were opened over the course of a year. But all of them only have reviewed just this movie
It's also worth noting that there are many more than these 20 glowing, overblown, positive reviews, and that several of the negative reviewers are amazed by them, and suspicious. 

I may have to watch this now, because either it's on a par with the greatest work of directors like John Carpenter, William Friedkin, Stanley Kubrick etc. or as one reviewer said 
Quote: 
My local dramatic society, comprising of pensioners and eager school children, could have done a far better job of the story, and made it more believable

But then again, Mr K J Wingnut has deemed it "utter utter crap" and watched it so we don't have to. 

To: william (WILLIAMA) 8 of 8
Well, this is why I never read online reviews except (rarely) for entertainment. I also don't take IMDB's rating system seriously (or Amazon's, or anyone's, really).