Karaoke & Cold Lazarus

To: william (WILLIAMA) 2 of 4
Gave in. Spent fifty two eye-watering GBPs* on ebay. 

*which almost certainly means they will shortly be reshown on the BEEB and available for DVD quality download on iPlayer.
EDITED: 2 Oct 2020 15:23 by WILLIAMA
To: william (WILLIAMA) 3 of 4
Had a bit of a chuckle when these arrived. The wrap-around case inserts were printed to a high quality on appropriately stiff glossy paper, but had been trimmed too close clipping the tops of the letters on one and the bottom images on the other. Inside the cases, all pretence was abandoned. These are clearly Jimmed from originals or isos. The disks are all printable DVD-Rs and the text etc is not remotely like the real thing. The Karaoke set had me worried with two Disk 2s, but it turns out that one of them is a Disk 1 after all.

I'm not especially bothered seeing as they play perfectly, have the proper bit-rate, resolution and so on. Anyway, I'm only going to rip them for Plex and they'll probably end up in the attic in a couple of days.

Edit: except, sadly, one of the DVDs is fucked with some kind of video distortion for about 10 minutes. So now I have to contact the bugger...
EDITED: 3 Oct 2020 23:33 by WILLIAMA
To: william (WILLIAMA) 4 of 4
Started an ebay return for the 'Cold Lazarus' disks and note that he's issued a refund before I've even printed off the return slip. I'm guessing he doesn't want any fuss. 

Had a scan through his feedback. Mainly positive (people are usually too nice) but a sprinkling of one-star complaints that his disks are counterfeit. TBH, these copies are so poorly produced that I wouldn't even call them counterfeit. Apart from the clumsy case-art, and absence of proper printing on the printable DVD-Rs they don't have a proper index/intro when you play them, just a one line menu with the header "Orbit" which I believe is the default "dummy" text for Nero. Which suggests that they aren't even DVD copies, but files he's got hold of from somewhere and compiled himself.

Oh well, the search for a decent copy continues.