Epic Game(s) me-do

To: Manthorp 8 of 30
I had a contract making an animation for a cd producer. He named his 1-gig hdd "Mountain".
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 9 of 30
Witcher 3's pretty great. Big game.

A lot of my friends really enjoyed The Outer Worlds, not played it myself though.

Assassin's Creed Odddessseyyy is a good romp around in ancient Greece stabbing and climbing things. Good dip-in, dip-out game while still having tons to do.

Shadow Tactics is really cool. It's like the old Commandos and Desparados games - real time tacticy co-ordinationy stuff. This one's set in feudal Japan.

Talos Principle is excellent. First-person Portalish puzzling with philosophy stuff.

Hades is kinda fucking amazing. Best action roguelike I've ever played. Gorgeous looking too.
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 10 of 30
Anno 1800 is quite nice for clicking on little people, though it doesn’t have much from your list so maybe skip it, i mention it for others. 
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is quite nice old-fashioned Privateer style pew pew, more arcadey and accessible than Elite Dangerous. 
Outer Wilds (not Worlds!) is really interesting and cool. Game of last year for a lot of people! Oh but not in the sale this time, tsk.

remember the voucher only works on games above a certain price. 
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 11 of 30
Ta - I'll check these out. I definitely want to take a look at The Witcher some time - does the fact that I've never played the previous games matter?

With the Assassin's Creed games, I always enjoy certain aspects of them, but then struggle to care after a certain point. I never completed Black Flag because I got to the point where sailing round pirating was great fun, then I got to the point that it was no longer fun, and I still had a ton of story to do, and I can't be arsed doing it, and I especially can't be arsed doing up my mansion or playing Nine Men's Morris or whaling or any of the other distractions.

To: milko 12 of 30
I'm currently playing Elite: Dangerous and not finding it too bad, although RGO does look like fun. I think I want something explorey and shooty, so The Outer Worlds might be getting my hard-earned.
To: ALL13 of 30
Civ 6 free now. 

it’s kind of madness to spend any actual money on games at some point. 
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 14 of 30
But if you must, have a look at Metro Exodus? There’s a train and everything. 
To: Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ) 15 of 30
Quote: 
does the fact that I've never played the previous games matter?

No, not really. I started with the Witcher III and although there are occasional references to previous games, there's nothing really breaking there. I started with III and never felt like I was out-of-place having not played the previous ones. Anyway, it is a truly fantastic game and well worth playing. Although if you can, buy it on GOG.com as it is fully DRM free there.

Another great game to play if you haven't already is Divinity: Original Sin II. Absolutely superb RPG, and again available DRM free on GOG.com. As with the Witcher, it isn't an issue having not played earlier games in the series.

EDITED: 22 May 2020 10:39 by DAVE!!
To: milko 16 of 30
The first two Metros are awesome. Waiting for a big(ger) price drop on Exodus. Are the DLCs for it any good? -- there's quite a few.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 17 of 30
Not a clue sorry. Not got it, mean to play the first one at some point!
To: milko 18 of 30
I bought Civ 4 and 5 for some other nerds that promised to play it with me, they never did.  If you, or anyone reading this, wants to play Civ 6 and doesn't mind showing me the ropes, holler at me.

<3
To: Some call me... (PSYCHO_GEEZER) 19 of 30
Haven’t installed it yet, and don’t really know the ropes at all! Actually playing games seems like a big commitment :)

who else got it, maybe we can have a forum game? Although I can’t see how I’d realistically find the time for such a thing unless it does turn based play by mail or something and we can take aaaages over it. 

good to ‘see’ you buddy! 
To: milko 20 of 30
Haha, I'll put you down as a 'maybe'.

I didn't realise my webcam was on, sorry about that.
To: Some call me... (PSYCHO_GEEZER) 21 of 30
Stick me down as a maybe...
To: koswix 22 of 30
Well now it seems like I'm ACTUALLY organising something.  Someone else should do that.
To: milko 23 of 30
I'm on board @ Can.$10 (Steam sale).
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 24 of 30
I think, this year, I'm going to get heavily into Echo VR
To: william (WILLIAMA) 25 of 30
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 26 of 30
'twas a poor joke, I know. 
To: william (WILLIAMA) 27 of 30
For the echo cognescenti? (never heard of it until now)