Bannerlord

To: ALL1 of 13
I remember about a million years ago when LordPaul, I think it was, introduced us (probably back in NPCFF days?) to a game called Mount & Blade, which I think was in beta at the time. And many of us got a little obsessed with it. Cos it was fucking great.

And I've been playing it ever since. Because it's fucking great.

But now there's a sequel! Bannerlord!

And it's fucking great. I was worried they might fuck it up and concentrate on the wrong things or something. But they didn't. It's Mount & Blade but significantly better.

Anyone else playing it?

To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 2 of 13
It doesn't have guns.
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 3 of 13
I've observed that it exists and have some fond memories of the first one. 

Hey! About  ten minutes ago I thought to myself, "Xen's posting. I wonder what he's playing lately, actually. Didn't he have a linux gaming site somewhere? Where's that?" and now here I am and here we are.

I haven't tried the new one yet, no. Bit of a backlog, which I just made worse by getting a VR headset that comes with the added backlog of having some of my old games be compatible, Elite Dangerous is ludicrously fun to sit and gawp in, and IL-2 is also lovely because you don't get disoriented by silly padlock views, you just move your head. Other things disorient you instead, such as motion sickness.

I remember the other one being pretty funny, does that still apply? We'd get our band of merry men and go out riding and then there'd be a confusing melee and everyone would be dead.

Do us a battle report!
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 4 of 13
Bows and arrers, though. And crossbows I think.
To: milko 5 of 13
Crossbows are all right, except they don't go bang.
To: milko 6 of 13
Sounds like fun, make it happen again Milko.

Reminds of the Leeroy Jenkins video. Only found out about it a few months ago from some people at work.  :-$ It's one of those genuinely funny things that even thinking about means I can't help but laugh.
EDITED: 21 Apr 2020 07:55 by GRAPHITONE
To: milko 7 of 13
I regularly think of IL-2 and how much fun it was. I miss it. Flight sims rarely hit that perfect balance between fun and sim but IL-2 got it perfect.

And yeah, Bannerlord is exactly like M&B, with all the same nonsense, but better in every way. It's a perfect sequel.
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 8 of 13
IL2 was awesome. I still have Jim's kicking around somewhere.
To: ALL9 of 13
If you like that sort of thing this was free on Ubi a while back (like last August)

https://tehforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?webtag=DEFAULT&msg=42433.1
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 10 of 13
Worth linking but it's kinda a different kettle of piss.

The great thing about Mount & Blade is the open world single player sandbox.
To: ALL11 of 13
So I found the online banner maker...
To: Serg (NUKKLEAR) milko 12 of 13
Woo. More VR users. What did you go for and how are you finding it? I still haven't done Elite in VR  :-[ Partly cos I think I won't want to leave and will never be seen again. 2D that game last enough hours.

Serg: why no VR yet?  (devil)
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 13 of 13
Quest. Now it can use Link and people are starting to make wireless ways of doing that, it seems the way forward to me. Well, unless you’ve the money and space to make use of an Index I suppose.