'rona

To: koswix 2 of 12
Poor old Milko
To: william (WILLIAMA) 3 of 12
Oh really?

I guess he was more at risk than most when it came to keeping people at arms length.
To: koswix 4 of 12
I'm surprised he hasn't stopped by with his pot of glue tbh.
EDITED: 11 Apr 2020 21:45 by WILLIAMA
To: william (WILLIAMA) 5 of 12
Well I’m a bit slower during recuperation. Kos, pyfitg!
To: milko 6 of 12
How bad is/was it?  :-<
To: koswix 7 of 12
Hard to describe, I have mentally downplayed it to myself a lot and at other times I wonder if I’ve been milking it (lol) a bit. Like, I don’t think I was anywhere near requiring hospital intervention, so first up I’ve obviously had a mild dose compared to so many others. I had the fever aches come on gradually one day (mainly with a really nasty headache) but no temp that I could notice. Next day I was pretty out of it with all that, occasional stabbing pains here and there and a small dry cough started. A couple of days later the aches mostly went but I had a really bad coughing fit in the night which had Tina freaking out a bit. Actually that has been one of the harder aspects of it for me, Tina had to look after me and the kid and I could tell she was worrying a lot. But then I generally started feeling gradually better, I had most of a week confined pretty much to bed with no energy but also the cough got easier/less frequent and no return from the aches. Then by day 12 I felt good! So on day 13 I got back to doing a few things and day 14 I felt completely fucked again, no energy at all. Since then it’s been that kind of sine wave graph generally tending upward but every time I do much of significance I pay for it by feeling knackered later on or the next day. 

Thats about it I think. Not tested so it remains possible I just got a coincidentally nasty other virus but on balance it’s most likely the ‘rona. The effect on Tina (Stress, tiredness, plus if she cops this her asthma will make it worse for sure) was almost worse than I felt the illness, but those 2-3 bad days near the start were pretty horrid when I think back to them.  I’m thankful it seems both wife and kid are either asymptomatic or somehow avoided catching it from me. 
To: milko 8 of 12
Ooft, that doesn't sound pleasant. The up and down thing I've heard a few people say, seems a pretty common way for it to progress.

Doesn't seem too bad up here (anecdotally, at least, and hospitals are obviously a bit crazy) but I think we were a fair but behind London and most of England when lockdown came into force.
To: milko 9 of 12
Up and about yet - or still lounging around letting your poor wife do all the work?
To: william (WILLIAMA) 10 of 12
nah, up and about now thanks. Stamina might be a bit on the low side but that could equally be down to lack of opportunity to do much that'd keep it up!
To: milko 11 of 12
Belated congratulations on beating off (yj) the covids.

Glad you’re better now and the fam didn’t get it. I’m asthmatic too so pretty concerned it’ll be a bit dodge if I were to get it.
To: ALL12 of 12
Read the other day that my blood condition is one that's been pointed out as a risk of if you do get it, you get it bad. Low T-Cells. Whilst I don't know if I specifically have low T-Cells, I know I have a low lymphocyte count which is the group they are part of. Exciting times!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52754280