Westworld S03

To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 4 of 8
The second season had some interesting stuff going on for sure but I found it a bit confusing.

Each season so far has had a different feel. Which I like.

To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 5 of 8
just finished it. i liked it, pretty interesting world-building, beautiful set-pieces, thoughtful philosophy (but not too profound or wanky as you said), some rockin' action scenes. and yeah dolores is just a great character.

also finished the bbc (fx) series 'devs' last night which is not a million miles away in genre/story - was a lot wankier on the philosophy but to be fair pretty smart and similarly beautiful. kinda a companion story to alex garland's film 'ex machina'. i'm a bit of a sucker for sci-fi full-stop, but particularly love these sorts of plausible-in-10-years-tech plus gnarly philosophical/sociological implications.

especially when juxtaposed against crud like picard. jeeeez.
To: andy 6 of 8
Picard (fail)

Not watched the last WW episode yet. Will probably watch it tonight. Looking forward to it.

One thing that impressed me about the show in a meta way was that all the outdoor stuff is real locations that real location scouts found, rather than CGI.

But yeah, great show.

I'll check out devs!
To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 7 of 8
Devs is pretty good! I finished that last night. It's got some good ominous noises, that's my main thing.
To: milko 8 of 8
I really enjoyed DEVS. Nick Offerman has astonishing range. It was a little predictable though.

I got a bit exhausted of WestWorld season 1, I was worried it was headed towards being another Lost - loads of weird shit, loose ends all over the place, nothing being answered etc. Sounds like I should go back and watch it again.