True Blood (Season 1, 2008) TWR

To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 13 of 22
Ah, six feet under. That made me think about Peter Krause and that made me think about that odd mini-series the Lost Room. Wouldn't mind seeing that again. Must check whether Jim has a copy. Probably not, or probably one stalwart offering a 6 day download.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 14 of 22
Never heard of it. Looks interesting.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 15 of 22
We watched two more last night. The glaring weak spot in the series, though not enough to ruin it, are scenes with >1 vampire, and the more, the worse it gets. In groups large and small, they go all boorish posturing, like kids sporting prosthetic fangs from the halloween store (I suppose these marginal characters are 'performed' by extras). The hero vampire character was right to go it alone. Now he's is damaged goods -- it may even be a botched, legitimate plot device intention. Blade did this stuff a whole lot better.
To: ALL16 of 22
Finished the season with a rushed resolution of a main plot thread (unsolved murders by a serial killer), and the introduction of a new one laying the ground for season two. Which I feel no pressing need to consume. It began so much better, which reminds me of Cirque du Freak. Something about YA-pitched vampire stories, I reckon. MrsD. had read some of The Southern Vampire Mysteries the series is based on, and handed me one to read last night. One can see how the six feet under QA eventually foundered under the constraints of this extended pulp narrative by a hack writer. No mention of "True Blood" on the cover. Maybe the edition was published prior to.
To: ALL17 of 22
To: ALL18 of 22
Speaking of Blade, picked up Blade III Trinity dvd new for two bucks and watched the opening scenes. Blade is looking a bit more wooden than ISTR, as in cigar store indian wooden. Perhaps he has indulged in too many blood puddings, or his fangproof body armour is a whole lot more padded up. His sidekick Whistler (Kris Kristofferson) old and tired, so no change there. This has not had good reviews. Fun Fact: Blade II was directed by Guillermo Del Toro, and is reckoned to be the best of the series.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 19 of 22
Is it still Snipes? I'm surprised he doesn't need a bath chair.
To: Manthorp 20 of 22
He probably does by now -- Trinity was released in 2004.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 21 of 22
If it still looks interesting (The Lost Room), there's a download available on Archive.org

Not exactly pristine pin-sharp aitch dee, but watchable.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 22 of 22
Thanks, I'll check it out.