Which douchebag at Apple decided 'natural' scroll direction?

To: ALL1 of 5
I have a new-to-me late (ish) model iMac now perched beside my old AF G5 workhorse mac which will probably go to the glue factory in the near future, G4 headless server (ditto), and 5-yo linux pc (but with Ubuntu 18.04 so it's fine).

I like the big HDP display on the imac. I hate the fucking mouse scroll function. OK, I unchecked "natural" [backwards] scroll direction and now it works right.

"Natural" ? Natural? WTF. Up is up, and down is down.
EDITED: 29 Oct 2019 14:58 by DSMITHHFX
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 2 of 5
It's so annoying isn't it. I suppose it's based on how people use smartphones/tablets. 

I gave up customising all this stuff as it got too irritating when I switch computers and that seems to happen a lot. So now I just deal with it and adapt myself, videogame controls, scroll directions, you name it. 
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 3 of 5
I have a Macbook Pro and Magic Mouse for work. It took some getting used to the "natural" scroll, but I'm used to it now. I do like the (full screen) swipe to switch between apps on the magic mouse (and trackpad) and back and forward gestures for web browsing.

Say what, Matt using a Mac. Did the world turn upside down? Yes. Probably.

To: Matt 4 of 5
did you forget to pay for your sig hosting as well?

I paid for mine finally but it didn't magically come back. I should look into that.
To: milko 5 of 5
I used to self-host it when I was in the UK. Had one of those HP Micro-servers that was all the rage back in the day. Didn't bother bringing it with us when we moved. Which I had though.