John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum TWR

To: ALL1 of 10
Inventive assassins' mythos, but Wickian formula running out of steam.
To: Manthorp 2 of 10
As all formulae are doomed to. I've never seen a John Wick but noted the first outings got mixed reviews (which is more hopeful than all bad). Our local cinema is a dumpster fire of blockbuster sequel trash. MrsD., ever vigilant for OTT violence in cinema nixed JW on account of that, and instead we went to Spiderman Not Far From Vapid Nonsense (which was pretty violent but in a fun, bouncy way) instead, really just to escape the heat.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 3 of 10
The first one and the first half of the second one were OK, though the violence is the point of them.  Slapsticky but red & sticky too, so MrsD made a good call on her own terms. I rarely go to the cinema now - just the blockbusters and the deeply arthouse. I just Jim most movies as soon as the decent rips appear and watch them trouserless, in drink.
To: Manthorp 4 of 10
Spiderman had random monsters smashing up tourist-packed tourist places, with whole edifices and house-sized chunks of stone flying around like a good old-fashioned carpet bombing (of which we've seen plenty of real footage in the Vietnam series) -- but there was no blood! Marvel -ous.
To: Manthorp 5 of 10
Quote: 
trouserless, in drink

An image to savour and to scare away trick-or-treaters on a cold October evening.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 6 of 10
...and to have the laydeeeees clamouring at the window I have carelessly left uncurtained...
To: Manthorp 7 of 10
Teh's sinfluencer.
To: Manthorp 8 of 10
Ah, the lure of the beige cotton Y-fronts.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 9 of 10
We all have flaws...
To: william (WILLIAMA) 10 of 10
And the rippling stomach.