Hello again

To: AND HIS PROPHET IS (MOHAMED42) 3 of 16
PS sorry to hear about the PTSD and homelessness. Glad it's over. Reminds me of the old saying, "that which doesn't kill you is usually horrible".
To: AND HIS PROPHET IS (MOHAMED42) 4 of 16
heeeey. Wow, it's been a long time. Also sorry to hear about your trials which don't sound like they were fun. Wanna talk about any of it?

I was in Boston briefly a few months ago. Uh. yeah. A friend got married. 

How long has it been? I've been alright, shouldn't complain. Feel like I want to quit my job and also like I'd probably feel the same about most jobs I'd be able to move to.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 5 of 16
I am an icon of teh olds. As such, I don't actually have to have lived longer than other honourable members, although I am contractually obliged to be more dissolute. I put the hours in.
To: AND HIS PROPHET IS (MOHAMED42) 6 of 16
Hey dude, sounds like you've been through the wringer and out the other side. Congratulations on surviving it and on finding purpose again.

Cup of tea and a crumpet?
To: AND HIS PROPHET IS (MOHAMED42) 7 of 16
Why, Hello there!

Sorry to hear you had some bad times, but glad to hear you're making your way back from it!

Me, I'm good thanks. Long story cut short, I got married and moved to The US. Now living in the suburbs of Philadelphia and well, that's about it.

To: Matt 8 of 16
How's the chocolate over there?
To: AND HIS PROPHET IS (MOHAMED42) 9 of 16
What ^they^ all said, but with the added offer of a cup of tea and a proper chocolate biscuit. :)
To: graphitone 10 of 16
It's okay if all you want to eat is some form of peanut butter filled nonsense, otherwise meh.
To: AND HIS PROPHET IS (MOHAMED42) 11 of 16
Hello again! Sorry to hear about the low times, glad things are on the mend!
To: AND HIS PROPHET IS (MOHAMED42) 12 of 16
Hey dude :) Long time.

I'm still waiting for the death of social media and the return of forum communities! 
To: william (WILLIAMA) 13 of 16
Heya.  Thanks, and... I dunno.  It wasn't the most fun I've ever had.  But there is some satisfaction in making things work despite low resources.  Also in finally dealing with some lifelong issues.

I don't think I've ever said this here, but one of the reasons I joined the military is because I saw veterans coming back from the war and sitting in the corner at parties with a dead look in their eyes and everyone was really sympathetic toward them, and I figured since I'd been doing the same thing all my life I might as well get a socially acceptable reason for it.
To: milko 14 of 16
Don't particularly want to talk about it specifically just now, but I'm sure bits and pieces will come out over time.

If you're young enough you could always join the French Foreign Legion.  There's a part of me that still wishes I'd done so before I got old.

I have indented those bits and can't figure out how to undo it.
To: AND HIS PROPHET IS (MOHAMED42) 15 of 16
seems fair. I doubt I'm young enough to be joining a foreign legion, at 40. The wife and kid might object as well :)

Besides, I'm not very warlike. Or good at being shouted at. Or any other things I associate with the army really, apart from maybe 'spending time outdoors'. I'll have to keep seeing the world some other way!

Have you got a bit of a social circle now in Boston? I know for me it's quite vital that I see people, despite labouring under the illusion for many years that I was more of a loner.
To: milko 16 of 16
For many, many years I did not actually care very much about maintaining an active social life.  Then my head-doctor started me on a new drug and I found myself feeling strange, uncomfortable things.  For example, I desired to know more about my classmates.  When I was alone, I noticed the absence of other humans.  I would see people standing in groups, and wish I were included in the conversation.

It was bewildering and unsettling.

I have since started seeing a different head-doctor who is supposed to be helping me learn what normal social interaction is like.  (The VA in Boston is a godsend.)  I say "supposed to" because he has so far refused and I am going to be requesting a new person to work with.