American Gods (2017) TWR

To: milko 12 of 26
Exactly. It isn't a rabbit hole that I would ever step into.
To: ALL13 of 26
I've got a Neil Gaiman novel that isn't autographed. I'm hanging on to it on the basis that its rarity will make it collectable in future.
To: Manthorp 14 of 26
Does he routinely autograph everything published, so this is the equivalent of an uncancelled Penny Black?
To: ALL15 of 26
Bah! What does a guy have to do to get a decent flamewar going these days? :@
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 16 of 26
Don't bring a bic lighter to a blowtorch fight.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 17 of 26
Absolutely. In addition to his endless official book-signings, he apparently has a habit of signing them unasked when he's in bookshops.
To: Manthorp 18 of 26
Damn. I wouldn't have stolen the library copy if I'd known it's the unsigned ones that are rare.
To: ALL19 of 26
The new series has begun!

It's alright, I think. There's only been one episode, so far. I spent most of it going "who's that again? Oh, yeah, i think I remember, maybe. Hm." and apart from that I'm not really sure what was going on. The old gods are a bit fed up and fractured? The new ones are really pissed off? There's gonna be a right old set to? They had some nice Viking beach visuals, anyway, and I want to go visit the House on the Rock now.
To: milko 20 of 26
It's had some problems apparently. As long as Ian McShane is still on board.
To: milko 21 of 26
Heh! We were OK picking up the threads because we binge-watched the first series not that long ago. No idea why, but we hadn't realised that Season 3 of the Expanse was available on Prime and having watched 1 & 2 on Netflix so long ago we were totally at sea. Mrs WilliamA couldn't follow it at all so we stopped and watched 2 again on Prime and then because she was still having problems we then watched 1 again as well. Hope Season 4 isn't too far off. 

But yeah, AG episode 1 was good. My only disappointment was that I wasn't paying attention to the announcement of the season starting and somehow got the idea that they'd posted all episodes - which was a bit disappointing. 
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 22 of 26
Some people are saying that the problems are "the curse of Fuller" since so many great series that Bryan Fuller works on are started, build an audience, get pulled. 

Some have had a lengthy run, but there do seem to be a fair few, including some I liked. Dead Like Me springs to mind - one of my all-time favourites.
To: ALL23 of 26
is it good? I am about to start it. 
To: BarHenly (BARHEN) 24 of 26
I still don't really know what the point of this series is so far. Seems like a series of disconnected scenes that aren't quite as visually cool as the first set, but nothing's really progressing anywhere in the main plot. I suppose it oughta get somewhere soon, right?
To: milko 25 of 26
OK a long-ass essentially-Mad-Sweeney-devoted episode has got things back on track for me a bit, even though it too did not really do a massive amount of story progressing. Maybe I just like that character or something, I dunno.
To: milko 26 of 26
We decided to stop following and binge watch when it's ended.