Lego LOTR FREE on humble

To: ALL1 of 11
http://www.humblebundle.com/store/lego-the-lord-of-the-rings

(I hate lego and everything lego, no offense to lego fans everywhere over the age of 6)
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 2 of 11
what a peculiar thing to hate. Did you step on a lot of lego bricks at some time?
To: milko 3 of 11
Yes, and I've never forgiven the cruel world for such a diabolical invention (also, it's really boring).  (wrong)
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 4 of 11
Try telling my kids it's boring - they'll look at you like the madman you are.
To: graphitone 5 of 11
Yeah, it's for kids. Just.For.Kids.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 6 of 11
Nah, it's one of the most versatile toys out there. 's bloody difficult to keep tidy though.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 7 of 11
It's for anyone with imagination. Not everyone loses that as they age.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 8 of 11
Imagine a world made of little plastic bricks. Nah, what builds imagination is stuff like random wooden mill ends, scrap paper and crayons, clay, sticks, junk. Not glossy little kits. That shit stunts imagination.
EDITED: 22 Dec 2018 16:33 by DSMITHHFX
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 9 of 11
Treating it as kits limits it to a simple toy. Forget that side of it; connecting bricks are as creative as clay or sticks.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 10 of 11
What PB said, even though there are more bepoke pieces nowadays meaning less applications for certain bricks/elements beyond their intention, the latent potential for building pretty much anything is the real appeal.

My kids get sets and build them once, dismantle them and the pieces just end up in the drawers/storage trays we've got, all mixed together. I tried sorting it all out once, so they could find the right pieces for the instructions they've got. Inevitably it all got mixed up again, but they don't care. They just build superhero bases and jails, roller coasters and racing cars. The only appeal of the sets to them is getting their favourite superhero as a mini figure.

We've given up buying sets, they're usually overpriced and either boxes of 'standard' bricks or bulk lots sold by the kilo on ebay are way better value.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 11 of 11

Yeah, I see your point.  LMAO