Vitamins

To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 3 of 36
best poll in ages, well done.
To: milko 4 of 36
Back end did all the work...
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 5 of 36
I'm on the fence with this.

I don't believe that stuff like Berocca does anything for you other than turning your wee a funny colour.

However, I have had a vitmain D deficiency diagnosed by a blood test and have been told by two doctors to take a vitamin D tablet every day, and have felt a benefit from doing it. Whether that's more a placebo effect of taking something because a doctor's told me to therefore it must be making a difference vs Berocca says it's providing 3000%* of my daily vitamins, which sounds bollocks.

* 3000% may be an exaggeration.

To: graphitone 6 of 36
Doctors been nagging me for years to take D. Took some this morning. Posted a poll, but teh engine has defined "vitamins" as hate speech. So.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 7 of 36
(fail)
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 8 of 36
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 9 of 36
I think I'd only take any specific supplements if a doctor told me to.
My diet probably isn't balanced enough, but I can sort that.

And don't you just piss out excess vitamins anyway?
To: ANT_THOMAS 10 of 36
I think it's possible to overdose on A, but the rest are fine. Also, having C on it's own doesn't do much - it needs iron or one of the others in your diet to have an effect.

My brother swears by zinc & magnesium for helping to have a relaxing sleep, but I've not tried that myself. Mostly because I'm always too tired to remember. :(

To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 11 of 36
But you sleep well because you're tired?
To: ALL12 of 36
So it's A and D that you can take too much of because they're fat soluble and stay in the body longer. The effects of too much A are worse.

I also found this... "Water, just like any other substance, can be considered a poison when over-consumed in a specific period of time."

I knew like when you get diarrhoea you need to take salt too, but didn't realise you could actually poison yourself just with water. Apparently 1 litre of water per hour is what your kidneys can process, and there are definitely times when I've come close to that. :/

To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 13 of 36
Surprised you didn't know that. You can dilute the sodium and potassium (I think) solutions/ions in your body with too much water, meaning your nerve junctions or something have an incorrect balance and don't function, sometimes resulting in death.

Or something to that effect, years since I was taught about it.
To: ANT_THOMAS 14 of 36
I /wish/

I lie in bed unable to relax until sometime around 3-4, then not enough hours later I spend an hour or two trying to get up and feeling shit for the morning. Unless it's the weekend when I turn off all alarms and don't have a morning. (Which makes Monday worse because getting up the same time every day is healthier; not enough sleep makes you want more, but you can't catch up on what you miss.)

Reading can be a distraction that helps, but there's a fine line between that and becoming too engrossed.

To: ANT_THOMAS 15 of 36
I knew salt/electrolytes were important, but didn't know it could actually kill you.

Might have to carry around a bag of salt to munch on now. :S

To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 16 of 36
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 17 of 36
remember that woman who died doing some Wii/water drinking radio challenge. I think pretty much anything to excess can be deadly. Personally I like to limit my breathing to a safe number.
To: Manthorp 19 of 36
Fortunately I have no intention of eating any liver, nor any part of a bear (polar or otherwise), so I should be good there.

I wonder if anyone has done a TerraFirmaCraft mod that works with vitamins & minerals instead of food groups.

To: milko 20 of 36
I'd love to be able to have on-demand hearing, where I could reduce the amount of shit that gets unwillingly forced into my ears.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 21 of 36
But chicken liver parfait, BP.
To: Manthorp 22 of 36
If it's not warm tender breast, it ain't going in my mouth.