Brexit deal nigh or nyet?

To: Manthorp 191 of 200
> The Live posts are again chronological, but in pages so you have to click on at the bottom of each one

No, they're backwards. It's not chronological is you don't start at the beginning. :@

Anyway, I made a script to grab all the pages and reverse the order - browse to the first live page, open the console, paste the following script, hit return, and when it's done it'll scroll to the first entry. If I could be arsed I'd probably make it a GreaseMonkey script or something.

(function fixGuardianLive()
{
	var BlockSelector = '.blocks';
	var NavSelector = '.liveblog-navigation__link[data-link-name="older page"]';

var Blocks = document.querySelector(BlockSelector);
	var FixedBlocks = [];

appendBlocks(Blocks.children);
	http_get( document.querySelector(NavSelector).attributes.href.value , addNextPage );

function complete()
	{
		Blocks.innerHTML = FixedBlocks.reverse().join() ;
		Blocks.children[0].scrollIntoView();
	}

function appendBlocks(Items)
	{
		for ( var c = 0 ; c < Items.length ; ++c )
			FixedBlocks.push( Items[c].outerHTML );
	}

function addNextPage()
	{
		if ( this.status !== 200 )
		{
			console.error('Failed to append next page')
			console.log(this);
			return;
		}

var Content = document.createElement('div');
		Content.innerHTML = this.responseText;

appendBlocks( Content.querySelector(BlockSelector).children );

var NextPageUrl = Content.querySelector(NavSelector).attributes.href;

if ( typeof NextPageUrl !== 'undefined' )
		{
			http_get( NextPageUrl.value , this.onload );
		}
		else
		{
			complete();
		}
	};

function http_get(url,onload)
	{
		var request = new XMLHttpRequest();
		request.open('GET',url,true);
		request.onload = onload;
		request.onerror = function(){console.error('Connection error');console.log(this);};
		request.send();
	}
})()
Message 42264.192 was deleted
To: ALL193 of 200
Trade deal's been struck.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 194 of 200
Could have had a better deal a year ago. Could have had a better deal under Johnson's government but 1) he's permanently stuck in campaign mode rather than governing 2) he can't work out which faction in his party he's most scared of.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 195 of 200
Yep, better than no deal, but still a shit deal.

A bit like cutting your foot off is better than cutting your head off...
To: Dave!! 196 of 200
And that total butt-hole Starmer intends to whip the opposition to support it. He seems to have an almost infallible ability to make 180 degree wrong decisions with no pressure on him. The govt. has an 80 seat majority. Labour abstaining would still see the deal go through. Now Johnson can (rightly) state that the deal has support from both sides of the house. 

I suppose I shouldn't expect more when a supposed human-rights lawyer whips the opposition to abstain rather than oppose measures to make soldiers who murder and torture abroad immune from prosecution at home.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 197 of 200
I think in this particular case he’s damned if he does or doesn’t. Abstaining would be taken badly by the UK press. Which doesn’t change my general agreement for what you’re saying, and it’s his as much his own fault as well as his mates for all refusing to countenance the chance we had for a Brexit with single market and free movement (and plenty more besides) under Corbyn. Hope they enjoy reaping the whirlwind sooner rather than later. 
To: milko 198 of 200
Quote: 
he’s damned if he does or doesn’t
I agree, but sadly, his appearance is his primary consideration, i.e. his Westminster view of how t'northern voters in t'lost constituencies should view him as 'strong' on law and 'supportive' of a brexit/trade deal. In other words, Johnson is driving the agenda and Starmer is in campaign mode as well. Any idea of being honest and principled has vanished. Pity being named after a Labour icon doesn't impart any similarities.
To: milko 199 of 200
I agree, but abstaining would be the right middle ground IMO. It'd show that Labour isn't rejecting the deal, however they are putting full onus on the Tories to own it. By voting in favour, every time Starmer criticises anything about it going forwards, Boris will just reply with "Well, you backed the deal"...
To: ALL200 of 200
Why Boris blinked: