Far Cry 4 $11.99 on Humble

To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 30 of 211
The Fashion week accessories are well worth pursuing - they're pretty much an essential part of role progression..
To: Manthorp 31 of 211
Yeah those are the DLC. If they go sale I might try 'em out. Have you played around with the map editor?

The "rare" animal skins are needed for several wallety/bag upgrades, and quite a few of the better weapons. I went back to several captured bases but didn't see any posted. I got the "warrior" suppressed AR last night and I'm packing explosive and fire arrows, my load out is looking pretty good now.
EDITED: 4 Dec 2018 11:12 by DSMITHHFX
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 32 of 211
I got the warrior ar a few days ago, it's best I can get at the moment. I've been getting all the animal skin upgrades I can and have liberated all the bases in the south region (can't go north as yet, it's 'too dangerous').

I'm liking the exploring element and have lost a lot of time to flying around the mountains in the little helicopters just seeing what's there. I started the first mission at the plot fork last night and had to get some intel from dead members of the Golden Path, it referenced some temple complex, not sure what it all means as yet though. The mission was a poorly disguised base liberation and an intro to the hunter bad guys, but I'd already come across loads of them in the base assault tasks, so knew how to deal with them.

EDITED: 4 Dec 2018 15:10 by GRAPHITONE
To: graphitone 33 of 211
So you're doing the intel fork? The few story missions I've done since the fork (and it may be just one) involved rescuing captives. I can't even remember if that succeeded, ISTR they all died but I still finished the mission (wtf?).

I'm playing on "normal" difficulty which, apart from some significant new aspects I haven't completely mastered, is a notch below the difficulty of FC3+Ziggy's Mod (reduces stealth, and takes away enemy tagging, seeing through walls and such).

The exploring element is in many ways the best part of the game (IMO), and now I've got the 'swing' of it, I'm really liking the grappling hook. I also like stumbling on hidden caves in random locations.
EDITED: 4 Dec 2018 16:20 by DSMITHHFX
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 34 of 211
Aye, I'm on the intel missions, the first one had the golden path members lying in puddles of their own innards while I picked off pirates and looted their bodies for the info. I'm playing on normal as well and apart from the odd rhino encounter I'm finding it fairly easy and though the base liberation missions are an easy win on the surface, it's difficult to win one over without tripping an alarm or alerting anyone.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 35 of 211
I hadn't remembered they were part of the DLC (which is/are worth it for Valley of the Yeti alone).  I don't think they're posted. You have to find Mr. Chiffon's fairly unlikely fashion house, whereupon - as I remember - he phones requests to you intermittently.  If you thought your average rhino was a tough bastard, just wait...
To: Manthorp 36 of 211
Yeah I found my first one last night (the wild dog). Not posted on a bulletin board like FC3, but a map lying on a table. There was an elephant head icon on the outpost after I captured it. I read through a cheat sheet on how to kill each rare animal, they sound pretty tough.
To: ALL37 of 211
I blowed up the DemonFish®, blowed him up good. Also got the magic whatever "dhole" [dog]. The cheat sheet I read about hunting exotic animals: when there's a whole pack of 'em, it's legal to kill all the others with any weapon of your choosing, you just have to kill the target animal(s) with the specified weapon. So that makes it a whole lot easier.

I ended up on the roof shooting the dhole full of arrows (IIRC, it took 4 or 5) from a safe distance after dispatching his pack brethren with the sawed-off sidearm shotgun up close (a truly spectacular weapon), and sniper rifle from a distance.
EDITED: 6 Dec 2018 16:16 by DSMITHHFX
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 38 of 211
You fashion icon, you.
To: Manthorp 39 of 211
I'm afraid I'll never compete with Min...
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 40 of 211
He's glorious in pink. I'm quite interested in his portrayal. He's as camp as Christmas, but with no suggestion that he's gay, which is quite grown-up in game characterisation terms.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 41 of 211
I did the demon fish hunt thing last night too. Using a grenade launcher to blast them out of the water is some real good fun. When I switched to a rifle to dispatch a boat full of bad guys that showed up half way through it failed the mission saying I'd not used the appropriate firearm. :C
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 42 of 211
Maybe once you've dispatched the target animal you can use whatever you want. You said you'd shot the target one with arrows first, then moved onto the heavier arms for the other dogs.
To: graphitone 43 of 211
Really. Those guys came roaring up just as I arrived at ye fishing hole, I grenade launched them into flaming death, which attracted dude screaming "YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT!!!" from the far shore, and proceeded to hose me with a stationary machine gun. Luckily he was very far away, and I had body armor on so I was able to pick him off with my sniper rifle before taking too many hits. Then, while I busy skinning the demonfish underwater, others kept swimming up and biting me. Like, why wouldn't you just haul it up on shore to skin it?
EDITED: 6 Dec 2018 21:38 by DSMITHHFX
To: graphitone 44 of 211
Nope, I shot the other dogs first. Else they kept swarming me. Game kept warning me about the wrong weapon, but didn't abort the mission unless I used it on the target animal.
EDITED: 6 Dec 2018 21:39 by DSMITHHFX
To: ALL45 of 211
Have either of you started in on the Yogi & Reggie missions yet?
To: Manthorp 46 of 211
I don't know what those are, so I guess not.
To: Manthorp 47 of 211
I've seen the icons pop up, but I'm hellbent on satisfying my OCD and getting all the available upgrades on holsters and ammo bags before tackling any more missions. To that end though, I've started on the fashion week ones and getting the rare animal skins.
EDITED: 7 Dec 2018 11:48 by GRAPHITONE
To: graphitone 48 of 211
I finally figured out how to take down those convoys (three pickups with mounted MGs): the RPG, and run crosswise to the switchbacks (and stay the fuck away from the MG fire). So I got me the "stinger", a very nice little sidearm.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 49 of 211
Haven't tried those missions yet, but I kept hold of the grenade launcher I got from the demon fish skin mission, that'll be suitable as well no doubt.