Legends of Shitty Game Graphics

To: Manthorp 14 of 20
Deux Ex Mankind Divided is on humble sale for five bucks https://www.humblebundle.com/store/deus-ex-mankind-divided

Sewerlie tempted...
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 15 of 20
Is that the third in the franchise?  I think I got it as a freebie with a graphics card, but didn't venture into it.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 16 of 20
Just ventured onto Humble through your link.  Zanzarah at £0.59!  My youngest, Charlie, was absolutely passionate about that game.  I could never see the appeal; it's like Pokemen with fairies. But the rendering of the wood in the bits between looked wonderful at the time and for several years after.
To: Manthorp 17 of 20
I may have got the original deux ex many moons ago, but it was some kind of cut-down version (IIRC) and didn't really grab me, or pull me away from GRAWF which I played obsessively for ~7-8 years (because so many fabulous mods; the unmodded game was pretty limited), and only stopped when I installed Steam which disabled it for some reason. That was a fucking long sentence.

The preview of this one looks considerably more interesting graphics and action -wise.

Edit: oh wait, that was half-life.  :-$
EDITED: 5 Oct 2018 14:29 by DSMITHHFX
To: Manthorp 18 of 20
Mankind Divided is the fourth and most recent Deus Ex. To be honest, it is a good game and follows on well from the third Deus Ex (Human Revolution). Biggest issue with Mankind Divided is that there aren't enough levels and it feels like "half a game", plus it kind of ends rather abruptly and in the middle of the plot.

It's got the feeling about it that they designed a new game and thought "we can make more money if we cut it in half and sell both halves separately". Problem is that the shortness and high-cost of it meant it didn't sell well, so now they've put plans for another Deus Ex on hold.

Saying that, it is still a good game and worth trying (especially as it has a proper save system and doesn't rely only on a CRAP "checkpoint" system like so many other modern games). I also really enjoyed Human Revolution - especially how much sneaking and silent takedowns play their part. It's possible to complete the game without killing anyone apart from the bosses, and I always liked how you got a bonus for completing a level without a single bad guy seeing you.
EDITED: 6 Oct 2018 11:53 by DAVE!!
To: Dave!! 19 of 20
 :-) On the basis of that, I'll buy it!

I did buy it!  :-O~~~
EDITED: 7 Oct 2018 11:36 by DSMITHHFX
To: ALL20 of 20
Jesus H. Christ. I bought this game just over a month ago, and completely forgot about it until I reviewed this thread.  :-((