ROG Spatha

To: graphitone 10 of 17
Have you noticed how every time you see any article discussing MMOs and any time you try to play any MMO (irrespective of whether it includes WASD or cursor-based movement) you get a massive warning explaining how you absolutely must use a mouse with more than two thumb buttons or it's impossible to play and you will die a thousand horrible deaths every time? ¬_¬

Perhaps you'd like to explain why the general productiveness of multiple thumb buttons and not moving the appendage half an inch to press them isn't permitted outside of the purposes of playing a game against a sufficiently large number of people.

To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 11 of 17
I have no idea. Never played a MMO, or am I likley to. I certainly wouldn't buy a mouse with multiple thumb buttons either, no matter how many stickers it came with.

I have a keyboard with lots of keys. They work for pretty much everything I want them for in games.

To: graphitone 12 of 17
Thumb-enriched mouses are like multiple monitors - derided by those who've not yet used them; cause of an agonising stupor when those who have find themselves without.
To: ALL13 of 17
I looked closer. It doesn't have side tilt on the scroll wheel. :(

It's not worth £135 if I can't tilt.

To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 14 of 17
programming with an onscreen keyboard? Wut? I use a Zowie FK1 because Xen told me to. It's not got loads of buttons and things. This ASUS Rog seems ridiculous and it looks ridiculous and I would not be surprised to learn that it can make noises and if so then I wager they will also be ridiculous.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 15 of 17
It's not for me, I'd find 12 buttons a bit excessive. Don't get me wrong, I do like a few extra mouse buttons, but 12? And no side-tilt...
To: ALL16 of 17
No, it looks gash and you can probably get better for £50. I'm still using an MX518, I even bought another one as a spare  (dance)
To: Dave!! 17 of 17
Twelve is like the minimum:

1. Left
2. Middle
3. Right
4. Back
5. Forward
6. DPI
7. Alt-Tab
8. Play/Pause
9. Skip Track
10. Stop after Current Track
11. Vol Up
12. Vol Down

With a tilt wheel freeing up 4/5 it's possible to make otherwise awkward multi-key shortcuts a single press - particularly ones that would otherwise require taking a hand off the mouse then putting it back afterwards to complete, and that's without even getting into macros...