Ghost Recon Wildlands PS4 & PS4 PRO

To: ALL1 of 13
Have you guys tried GRW on PS4 Pro? 

4K has drastically enriched the gameplay and graphics. I have both, PS4 and PS4 Pro and the difference between two engines is drastic. 

Give your experiences here if you have played GRW on 4K. 
EDITED: 25 Mar 2017 08:49 by BARHEN
To: BarHenly (BARHEN) 2 of 13
I played various iterations of GR for probably close to 10-years, from the original to most recently GRAW2. Unfortunately Steam seems to nuke the directx for GR and so it's not been playable on my XP system for a while. Plus I think I had become pretty bored with it. There were a few good mods for it (the original release is actually pretty weak), but that activity has kind of dried up as the modders moved on to other games.

GRW does look pretty interesting, especially the open world aspect which previous versions did not have. I need a newer, better pc to play it, also I generally wait at least a couple of years after a new game release when it starts to be discounted (think I paid $15 for a new boxed GRAW2!).

I have lately been getting my combat sim on Insurgency, which is a lot faster paced and I think more realistic than GR (albeit a very different combat scenario).
EDITED: 25 Mar 2017 18:12 by DSMITHHFX
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 3 of 13
Agree with you on GRAW! Get yourself a console man. The sale is on, on ubisoft games. GRW is at 35$ the season pass is at 39$
To: BarHenly (BARHEN) 4 of 13
OK so I found the box under my desktop midden (I had to reinstall something else), and it was GRAW (not GRAW2), and I only paid $Can.6 for it!

If I get bored with Insurgency (which frankly is too intense for me to play on most days), maybe I'll try to reactivate GRAW.

Not keen on console-style gamepad controllers, tried one on my pc and didn't feel like putting in the time to learn it.
EDITED: 27 Mar 2017 16:30 by DSMITHHFX
To: BarHenly (BARHEN) 5 of 13
Got the game and a PS4 pro but not got a 4k TV. Looks good in normal hd though. Played only a few hours as I'm working a lot and not got free time when my squadmates do.
There is a little too much possibility of it turning into GTA which means stealth tends to take a back seat but hopefully once my mates have that out of their system it'll improve.
To: Voltane 6 of 13
I am playing it on HD too but I have ordered a 4K tv so I might get it by this week. 

Yeah same brother. I am working and I only play that game on solo on weekdays for like 1 or 2 hours. My friends have already completed the story line and are now waiting for PVP release. 

I'd give that game a 9/10. I am super impress by the gameplay. I did not had a chance to play it on close or open beta but I have read the comparison and the fixes they did on a main release.  
To: ALL7 of 13
Have played once on my friends PS4 Pro, liked it more than mine.
To: BarHenly (BARHEN) 8 of 13
4k? Who needs that? My Wii is still serving me (mostly the kids) well and outputting something like 480p through the component cables.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 9 of 13
I need that. If you play on Wii only then you might not know about playstation gaming or hardcore PC gaming. 

This is just your opinion I believe. 

4K enhances your game experience. Try one and let us know how do you find it.
To: BarHenly (BARHEN) 10 of 13
Not much time for hardcore gaming these days. Most I've played recently is DOOM. And that doesn't do too well on my old AMD HD6870.
EDITED: 13 Apr 2017 11:48 by CHRISSS
To: ALL11 of 13
i recently switched to 4k and the experience is mind-blowing. 
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 12 of 13
Your experience may get better if you use Rx480 for DOOM. I tried it a month ago and it was crazy to play DOOM on ultra settings 
To: gracia (GRACEINC) 13 of 13
Indeed it is. on a TV or a monitor?
EDITED: 9 May 2017 08:57 by BARHEN