Rollcall

To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 36 of 103
Where am I and who are all these people? :S
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 37 of 103
"who are all these /fabulous/ people"

FTFU
To: Queeg 500 (JESUSONEEZ) 38 of 103
(hairy) arse!

Check in semi-regularly and have a thread or two to add but too busy with work. :(
To: ALL39 of 103
I would check in more often, but I'm too busy getting the preparations for Teh Forum Awards 2007 sorted out. Takes time, y'know? Had been planning on getting PWC involved, but after the Oscars, I think they might be a bit shambolic, and we don't want that, do we?
To: ALL40 of 103
I still pop by occasionally but I'm trying to live my life according to the idea that it's pointless saying anything unless what you have to say is interesting.

Which it usually isn't.

And I find it easier to deal with my moodiness/depression by never talking about it and screwing it into a tiny ball of frustration and then storing it in some deep dark corner of my psyche while avoiding people who might, conceivably, be bothered about me.
To: johngti_mk-ii 41 of 103
But we do miss you being in here (YJ)..
To: ALL42 of 103
'lo. I pop in every few months but I've just added Teh to my startup tabs in Chrome, so will be here a lot more now. Been busy, got married, had a daughter (that hurt), lots of adulting, work etc. Glad to see so many familiar usernames.

As everyone else is meandering down Memory Lane... I joined the PCF Forum after installing Steve Guntrip's Doorz 3000 explorer.exe-replacement shell from the cover-disc and wanted to find out more. Or maybe wanted to change it back, I forget. It was very yellow.

I think I earned 5 dragon points when that was a thing. They were a lot harder to redeem for goods and services than the tremendous artwork would lead you to believe.

I met Xenophon once, like IRL, he made excellent tea, and we discussed why mint was considered to be a fresh smell. We eventually mooted the concept of bacon-flavoured toothpaste.
To: Rich 43 of 103
Excellent! I really feel this could be a great place again :)
To: Rich 44 of 103
5 dragon points? I think that means you get to peek up Simon's kilt.
To: Manthorp 45 of 103
What a treat!
To: Dan (HERMAND) 46 of 103
A bit of a dust and a vacuum and Teh will be good as new.

Congrats on the offspring, the missus and I were following William's surgeries on Facebook practically in tears. The phrase "you won't know until you're a parent" really is a truism.

Looks like you're driving the old paraffin budgies now too. You should start a thread about that! #MoarThreads
To: ALL47 of 103
Hallo. I'm still here, too. I just don't have much to say, and I know fuck all about electronics and Raspberry Pis and such, which is what a lot of the chat seems to be about.

Anyway, still doing stuff. Living in sunny/windy/rainy Auckland in New Zealand. Fixing networks by day, and generally doing that by night too (God damn those out-of-hours jobs). Weekends generally involve bemoaning the lack of whitewater within a four hour drive, and having to make do with sea kayakking or climbing a local volcano instead.

I met Xen, too, at least once. Lovely chap, he was. Right up until I refused a cup of tea. That was awkward.
To: Rich 48 of 103
Wait till you're a grandparent!  Revenge!
To: patch 49 of 103
Fixing networks in that kind of environment sounds like something even I could do.
On the other hand, if I were to do that then your competition in NZ would increase by, what, 200%?  :-&
To: Manthorp 50 of 103
Oh dear.. what have you done, Steve? Tell all...
To: Rich 51 of 103

And I actually had to google paraffin budgies - never heard that term before!
To: Dan (HERMAND) 52 of 103
I heard it from a Britannia 767 pilot on a visit to the cockpit as we flew to Florida in 1998 and it's stayed with me. Before all the shenanigans.

Does anybody use the "Like" / thumbs up-down feature? I find myself drawn to it.
To: patch 53 of 103
"I know fuck all about electronics and Raspberry Pis and such"

Always good to pitch in some non sequiturs, baffle 'em with bullshit.
To: ALL54 of 103
I'm still checking in occasionally, when I remember.

Still doing web-development and devops for Rebellion (Sniper Elite) / 2000 AD (Judge Dredd). Got married in July last year in New York (fuck me, NYC is hot in July), to a native New Yorker no-less. Not sure how I convinced her to not only marry me, but to move to the UK and live in Banbury, but I did!

Also, I actually committed some code to Beehive's Github repository recently. No, really.

I still occasionally have day dreams about rewriting Beehive using some decent frameworks (i.e. Laravel and Angular), but then I remember how much functionality Beehive has and how long it took to get it this far and I decide that's a stupid idea.
To: Matt 55 of 103
I've been jonesing for Sniper Elite, especially the zombie army pack. Will need to upgrade system (xp) first.