TV ethernet

To: koswix 44 of 49
Are you calling me a gypsey pirate?

To: graphitone 45 of 49
Hmm, not sure. Do you have a bear? And can you count past 6?
To: william (WILLIAMA) 46 of 49
I'd like to throw a chip shop analogy in.

It's like you've gone to a chip shop and ordered a special. They take time providing you with a decently cooked, good sized fish and they're about to wrap it up. They ask you if you want salt and vinegar on it. You think 'aye, I'll have a bit of that', you up end the salt cellar and give it a shake. A measly few grains pour out of the grease encrusted top. You suggest that perhaps a cocktail stick inserted in and out of the holes will improve matters. The stout chip shop person shakes their head and saying, 'ah, it'll be reet, I'm not gonna fix it now because there's some salt coming out and the fryer's getting close to overheating so I'm going to go and deal with that'.

To save time you sellotape two open salt sachets to the vinegar bottle and upend the whole lot over your tea. However the salt spills over the counter and the vinegar ends up splattering over your jeans.

I'm having trouble thinking of a chip analogy for streaming. :C

To: graphitone 47 of 49
Hmm

But it's more like the shop sites itself next to "Jo Smith's Chip Shop" and calls itself "Harry Smith's Chip Shop with its famous range of Sauces and Exotic Vinegars" and then fails to provide any of the Sauces & Vinegars and its chips are the same price as at Jo's and taste no better.
To: ALL48 of 49
No Virgins where but my parents and sister have it. I hate using the Virgin TV box. It's way too slow.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 49 of 49
we've resisted changing ours for ages because it was one of the last pre-Tivo "good" ones in that it's just OK. Before that, mainly disasters, after that, heard bad things. Now we have to have it swapped apparently, and it's a mystery if we're getting the shitbox they say they're improving in software or the fancy new one that is more or less how they should be.

I'd actually ask, but we have a complicated relationship where they say "hang on, you're not an employee anymore" (my wife was, ten years ago) and want to take away our discount and then we say OK then and they somehow fail to do it and we go back to normal. But we have to go through this staff-only number and it's a mighty faff. Worth it, obv.