Death Race 2017

To: ALL1 of 9
To: ALL2 of 9
The other Snowden (the one with two "o"s)

I had a huge coffee-table book about the swingeing 60s London art scene illustrated with his photos that I really, really liked (sadly given away or tossed years ago, too big to move), I especially liked his shots of Francis Bacon, but I'm a slobbering Bacon fanboi  :-{) .

Here it is, listed for $300. I paid 10-bucks for it in ~1980  :-((

EDITED: 13 Jan 2017 22:24 by DSMITHHFX
To: ALL3 of 9
Mannix

This is shaping up to be a bountiful year. B-)
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 4 of 9
I have no idea what Mannix was like.

Was it better or worse than Columbo?
To: graphitone 5 of 9
Completely different. All about the macho, fisticuffs & gunfights.

Mannix is notable for taking physical punishment. During the course of the series, he is shot and wounded over a dozen separate times, and knocked unconscious around 55 times.[23] He frequently takes brutal beatings to the abdomen; some of these went on quite a long time, particularly by the television standards of the era. Whenever he gets into one of his convertibles, he can expect to be shot at or run off the road by another car or find his vehicle sabotaged. Nevertheless, he keeps his cool and perseveres until his antagonists are brought down. While making the television pilot "The Name is Mannix", Connors dislocated his shoulder running away from a From Russia with Love-type pursuit from a helicopter,[1] and broke his left wrist punching a stuntman who happened to be wearing a steel plate on his back.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 6 of 9
So, worse than Columbo then?

:J
To: graphitone 7 of 9
Not directly comparable, but I'd rather watch Columbo. Mannix was decently entertaining in its own way.
To: ALL8 of 9
Roger Moore

Of the Bond actors I've seen (all except Lazenby IIRC), he was among the best. Can't remember if I've seen him in anything else, so either not, or the role was not memorable.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 9 of 9
The Saint and The Persuaders (on TV)

v good at what he did. A life well-lived and all that.