Dead computer

To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 31 of 33
Well in that case, who cares!
To: ANT_THOMAS 32 of 33
Well, we do turn off the AC in winter...
To: ALL33 of 33
I ordered a used drive online I won't be seeing for a week, so when I got home I discovered a 6-7 years old 500G under a pile of rubbish, stuck it in and installed ubuntu 16.04 lts to it. I was a bit amazed it recognized the full size of the drive. Odd problem, when it goes to sleep in power-saving mode (must remember to turn that off) I can't seem to wake it up again with mouse or kb, it needs a hard reset (with no reset or poweroff button*, this means pulling the plug from its superior NA-style wall socket). This happened with the live dvd and now booted off the hdd. Maybe there's some bios setting needs looking at.

Edit: before turning it off last thing last night (still unable to wake it up), I checked the psu fan at the back and it was blowing really, really hot. So that's something to look at.

Edit II: So I RTFM, and it turns out holding the power button down for 4-seconds is supposed to power it off, and (if asleep) just punching it is supposed to wake (this did not appear to work yesterday).
EDITED: 12 Jan 2017 16:34 by DSMITHHFX